How to handle multiple GPG keys for a recipient address

How to handle multiple GPG keys for a recipient address

Paul Menzel
Dear Evolution folks,

One of my correspondents has several GPG for her email address, and
prefers one of the two, but both keys are valid and were used in the
past. Additionally, she cannot revoke the certificate for the unwanted
key.

Is it possible to tell Evolution, which key to use?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: How to handle multiple GPG keys for a recipient address

Milan Crha
On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 07:54 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Is it possible to tell Evolution, which key to use?

        Hi,
not to Evolution, there is no such option. Evolution just calls gpg in
the background, with `-r` following with email addresses of the
recipients. These addresses can be also key ids, but then the sending
server (for example SMTP) may fail with it anyway.

Try to setup gpg(gpg2) itself to ignore certain key for that particular
user. I guess it's possible, but I do not know it for sure, neither I
tried it earlier. After a quick look, something like:
   $ gpg2 --edit-key XXXXXXX
   gpg> disable
   gpg> quit
seems to do something close to what you are looking for. Use 'help' in
gpg prompt to get list of available commands. A 'list' command shows:
> *** This key has been disabled
when the key is disabled.