How to resync email headers and actual emails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to resync email headers and actual emails

Robert McDonald
For some of my earliest emails for one account, Evolution list pane
shows summary data about emails that doesn't match the full emails
shown in the message pane when I click on a message.  How do I get
Evolution to resync its local understanding of my emails with the
actual emails in my account?

--
Robert McDonald

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to resync email headers and actual emails

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hi,

On Sat, 2020-11-21 at 18:41 -0800, Robert McDonald wrote:
> For some of my earliest emails for one account, Evolution list pane
> shows summary data about emails that doesn't match the full emails
> shown in the message pane when I click on a message.  How do I get
> Evolution to resync its local understanding of my emails with the
> actual emails in my account?

Please always include version info. Please see the archives, e.g.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-October/msg00155.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-July/msg00164.html

Thanks,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to resync email headers and actual emails

Robert McDonald
On Sun, 2020-11-22 at 07:33 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
> On Sat, 2020-11-21 at 18:41 -0800, Robert McDonald wrote:
> > For some of my earliest emails for one account, Evolution list pane
> > shows summary data about emails that doesn't match the full emails
> > shown in the message pane when I click on a message.  How do I get
> > Evolution to resync its local understanding of my emails with the
> > actual emails in my account?
>
> Please always include version info.

Thanks for the reminder.  I missed that directive on the list page.

3.36.4-0ubuntu1

> Please see the archives, e.g.
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-October/msg00155.html
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-July/msg00164.html

Thanks - the 2014 post helped.  I shut down Evolution, renamed the
folders.db file associated with that account, restarted Evolution, and
Evolution rebuilt the database just as the post said, and now all
messages I've looked at so far are in sync.

--
Robert McDonald

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list