How to troubleshoot Google contacts not refreshing?

How to troubleshoot Google contacts not refreshing?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Evolution 3.28.5 (Xubuntu 18.04)

GMail via IMAP is working fine and when I initially set it up, my Google
contacts on the same account came into the address book OK. But at some point
(not sure exactly when) they stopped updating in Evolution.

I have it set to refresh hourly and I've created test contacts which
successfully propagate to other devices using Google contacts. There is no
indication of error from Evolution, no messages, alerts, etc. But even after
manually refreshing, new contacts never show up in the address book.

Any pointers on where to start troubleshooting this from an Evolution
perspective?

Thanks.

--
Len Philpot
[hidden email]

Re: How to troubleshoot Google contacts not refreshing?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Tue, 2019-06-18 at 21:57 -0500, Len Philpot via evolution-list
wrote:
> Any pointers on where to start troubleshooting this from an Evolution
> perspective?

        Hi,
you can find the instructions how to debug various places here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging#Google
The link points to the section about debugging of a Google address
book. It contained an outdated information, I updated it few minutes
ago.

Re: How to troubleshoot Google contacts not refreshing?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Turned on debug and refreshed the addressbook. No errors and it worked. Restarted everything without debug and it still works. Oh well, I'll keep an eye on it. :-)

Thanks.
--
Len Philpot