Importing my contacts from Outlook ...

Kiffin Gish
I want to move on over to Evolution. However, I have collected an
extensive list of contacts in Outlook and need an easy way to import
these into the new environment.

However, after looking around the help etc. I cannot find any way to
accomplish this.

Can anyone help me?

--
Kiffin Gish <[hidden email]>

Re: Importing my contacts from Outlook ...

Andre Klapper
hi,

Am Freitag, den 09.12.2005, 14:25 +0100 schrieb Kiffin Gish:
> I want to move on over to Evolution. However, I have collected an
> extensive list of contacts in Outlook and need an easy way to import
> these into the new environment.

either use this phyton script:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-October/039709.html

or install Mozilla Thunderbird and get it to import the contacts from
the Outlook .pst file and then to export them as LDIF to import it into
Evolution.
[there is also a vCard/VCF to Thunderbird LDIF conversion tool available
at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=434405 .]

you can also export to csv in outlook, and then use the csv2vcard
utility that comes with evolution.

and at http://www.neotek.hu/ there is also a pretty interesting and
powerful app to convert.

(hmm. searching the archives brought up all those different answers. not
that bad, dudes.) :-)

cheerio,

 mailto:[hidden email] | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 14:38 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:

> hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 09.12.2005, 14:25 +0100 schrieb Kiffin Gish:
> > I want to move on over to Evolution. However, I have collected an
> > extensive list of contacts in Outlook and need an easy way to import
> > these into the new environment.
>
> either use this phyton script:
> http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2004-October/039709.html
>
> or install Mozilla Thunderbird and get it to import the contacts from
> the Outlook .pst file and then to export them as LDIF to import it into
> Evolution.
> [there is also a vCard/VCF to Thunderbird LDIF conversion tool available
> at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=434405 .]
>
> you can also export to csv in outlook, and then use the csv2vcard
> utility that comes with evolution.
>
> and at http://www.neotek.hu/ there is also a pretty interesting and
> powerful app to convert.
>

> (hmm. searching the archives brought up all those different answers. not
> that bad, dudes.) :-)
>
> cheerio,
> andre

Wow that was quick -- thanks!

Obviously you are more efficient than I am at (somehow) finding relevant
information in a flash.

Good job.

--
Kiffin Gish <[hidden email]>

Re: Importing my contacts from Outlook ...

Wojciech Polak
Hi,

There is also software called libpst which imports mailboxes and contact
from pst files. In Gentoo you would simply emerge libpst and you get
command readpst with various options to do it.

I do it all the time

You can find rpms and source codes on sourceforge somewhere as well

Regards
Wojtek

--
Wojciech Polak
Tesco Polska Sp. z o.o.

This is a confidential e-mail intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it.

Tresc tej wiadomosci zawiera informacje poufne, przeznaczone tylko dla adresata.
Udostepnianie, ujawnianie, powielanie, rozpowszechnianie badz powolywanie sie na jakikolwiek jej fragment przez inne osoby jest zabronione. W razie przypadkowego otrzymania tej wiadomosci, prosimy o powiadomienie o tym nadawcy oraz trwale jej usuniecie.