Inserting a table in mail body and text search

Inserting a table in mail body and text search

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Dear Sirs,

I am new to evolution and its a  wonderful linux client application to office 365. Appreciate your wonderful efforts for this project.

I have these queries.

Evolution version is 3.36.3-0ubuntu1

1) I would like to know how to insert a table in the mail body
2) how to do any text search to know if it exists in any mail. As of now search is possible with subject or address.

Regards,
Kumar

Re: Inserting a table in mail body and text search

Jerome Lille
On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 13:20 +0530, kumar k via evolution-list wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am new to evolution and its a  wonderful linux client application
> to office 365. Appreciate your wonderful efforts for this project.
>
> I have these queries.
>
> Evolution version is 3.36.3-0ubuntu1
>
> 1) I would like to know how to insert a table in the mail body

In the message editor you should have a button that can change between
Plain Text and HTML. Select HTML, then you should have a second row of
icons with a table icon in it. Press that.

> 2) how to do any text search to know if it exists in any mail. As of
> now search is possible with subject or address.

Click on the magnifying glass to select what to search on.

/Jerome

Re: Inserting a table in mail body and text search

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for the valuable reply. Now I could able to insert table in a message.

However regarding the second query of "search" when I selected "Body contains" option and typed a word the display shows ... No message satisfied your search criteria .... And then bottom ribbon shows Searching ... And it continues like that with no results.

But that word does exists in some mails.

Am I doing any thing wrong here . Please clarify.

Regards s,

On Sat 18 Jul, 2020, 1:47 PM Jerome Lille, <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 2020-07-18 at 13:20 +0530, kumar k via evolution-list wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am new to evolution and its a  wonderful linux client application
> to office 365. Appreciate your wonderful efforts for this project.
>
> I have these queries.
>
> Evolution version is 3.36.3-0ubuntu1
>
> 1) I would like to know how to insert a table in the mail body

In the message editor you should have a button that can change between
Plain Text and HTML. Select HTML, then you should have a second row of
icons with a table icon in it. Press that.

> 2) how to do any text search to know if it exists in any mail. As of
> now search is possible with subject or address.

Click on the magnifying glass to select what to search on.

/Jerome

Re: Inserting a table in mail body and text search

Matt Connell
On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 11:33 +0530, kumar k via evolution-list wrote:
> However regarding the second query of "search" when I selected "Body
> contains" option and typed a word the display shows ... No message
> satisfied your search criteria .... And then bottom ribbon shows
> Searching
> ... And it continues like that with no results.
>
> But that word does exists in some mails.

In my experience, the full-body search can take a long time (on the
order of a few minutes), in a folder with hundreds or thousands of
messages.

Does it eventually complete, if you wait it out?

--
Matt

On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 08:06 +0200, Matt Connell wrote:
> In my experience, the full-body search can take a long time (on the
> order of a few minutes), in a folder with hundreds or thousands of
> messages.

        Hi,
I second that.

I'd only add that it also depends on the other setting (like the "in"
part of the search, which may ideally say "Current Folder") and on the
account type. For example IMAP can do server-side searches in the body,
when the account is connected.

The behavior depends on the Evolution version too. The 3.36.3 contains
some fixes for the search, but also some regressions, which are
addressed in the current 3.36.4 stable version. The search in the
message body is much quicker there, especially with the IMAP and
server-side search available.