Is it possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Is it possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Monish Rai
Evolution Version: 3.22.6

I just wanted to check, if it is possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2018-05-25 at 09:46 -0600, Monish Rai wrote:
> Evolution Version: 3.22.6
>
> I just wanted to check, if it is possible to reduce the width of Side
> Bar.

You can via dragging and dropping the separator, but only to a certain
minimum size. You can also hide the side bar via "View > Layout" or F9.

Re: Is it possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Gary Curtin
On Fri, 2018-05-25 at 18:32 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
You can via dragging and dropping the separator, but only to a certain
minimum size.

That works fine on my computer until I go to the Calendar tab. Then the side bar width is reset to what it was and can no longer be dragged narrower in the Mail tab. Restarting Evolution will allow the Mail side bar to be narrower until I go to the Calendar again. Dragging wider is not affected.

Andre, is this maybe because of a minimum width imposed in the Calendar tab, either by default or because of a calendar name that is restricting the width?

Gary

Re: Is it possible to reduce the width of Side Bar.

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 08:46 +0200, Gary Curtin wrote:
> Andre, is this maybe because of a minimum width imposed in the
> Calendar tab, either by default or because of a calendar name that is
> restricting the width?

        Hi,
it's because the minimum width constraint of the left-bottom mini-
calendar and because the left panel width is shared between views. I do
not know whether there's a bug to not share the left panel width
between views, but to have it separate for each view.

On Wed, 2018-06-20 at 11:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
it's because the minimum width constraint of the left-bottom mini-
calendar

I did not think of that, but it makes perfect sense. Thanks Milan.

Gary