Is there a way to order mail accounts

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hi

When one has multiple e-mail accounts is there a way to specify their
order in the left vertical frame?

I'm running 3.34.4 on Fedora 31

Cheers
Robin

Re: Is there a way to order mail accounts

Pete Biggs
On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:58 +0200, Robin Lee via evolution-list wrote:
> Hi
>
> When one has multiple e-mail accounts is there a way to specify their
> order in the left vertical frame?
>
> I'm running 3.34.4 on Fedora 31

Edit -> Preferences

As it says at the bottom "You can drag and drop account names to
reorder them"

Re: Is there a way to order mail accounts

On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:58 +0200, Robin Lee via evolution-list wrote:
> When one has multiple e-mail accounts is there a way to specify their
> order in the left vertical frame?

Yes. Open "Help 🡒 Contents" and see "Mail Management 🡒 Sorting a
nd organizing mail 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list" or "Mail Managemen
t 🡒 Changing the mail window layout 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list".

On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:22 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:58 +0200, Robin Lee via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > When one has multiple e-mail accounts is there a way to specify
> > their
> > order in the left vertical frame?
> >
> > I'm running 3.34.4 on Fedora 31
> >
> Edit -> Preferences
>
> As it says at the bottom "You can drag and drop account names to
> reorder them"

Thanks, that was easy.

On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 19:23 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:58 +0200, Robin Lee via evolution-list wrote:
> > When one has multiple e-mail accounts is there a way to specify their
> > order in the left vertical frame?
>
> Yes. Open "Help 🡒 Contents" and see "Mail Management 🡒 Sorting a
> nd organizing mail 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list" or "Mail Managemen
> t 🡒 Changing the mail window layout 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list".

I agree wholeheartedly with pointing to the embedded help, but on my
Evolution (3.34.4), the "Sorting the mail folder list" doesn't exist -
I was looking for it to point the OP at. Was it something added for
3.36?

Re: Is there a way to order mail accounts

Andre Klapper
On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 18:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-05-11 at 19:23 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > Yes. Open "Help 🡒 Contents" and see "Mail Management 🡒 Sorting a
> > nd organizing mail 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list" or "Mail Managemen
> > t 🡒 Changing the mail window layout 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list".
> >
> I agree wholeheartedly with pointing to the embedded help, but on my
> Evolution (3.34.4), the "Sorting the mail folder list" doesn't exist
> -
> I was looking for it to point the OP at. Was it something added for
> 3.36?

Hah. Thanks for realizing that! File did not get built. Fixed now:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/89d3b11300530deb7a764b8fce8e9ac7fc25ebfe
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/commit/3f75452d4a9005b25ea1c951b6ff3082c664b521