KeePass2 support in evolution?

Pablo Fernandez
Dear all,

I have been searching around and can't find anything about this. Is
there, or will there be, any support for KeePass2 password manager in
Evolution?

Thanks!
BR/Pablo

Re: KeePass2 support in evolution?

Pete Biggs

> I have been searching around and can't find anything about this. Is
> there, or will there be, any support for KeePass2 password manager in
> Evolution?

If you search for "password" in the list archive you will come across
lots of┬áposts on Evolution's handling of passwords.  Basically it
doesn't. (Handle them, that is.)

Evolution uses system functions (i.e. libsecret) for password
management. The actual password store is unknown to Evolution and it
doesn't really care either, so long as it is reliably given passwords
when it needs them.

So you are basically asking the wrong question. You need to be asking
the libsecret developers if there is any support for KeePass2 as a
backend store.