Keyboard shortcut (accelerator) to get to the Search bar in Evolution

Keyboard shortcut (accelerator) to get to the Search bar in Evolution

Tiri
Hello,

You may find me stupid, but I simply cannot find what keyboard shortcut (accelerator in linux terminology) gets me to the Search bar in Evolution (it's Ctrl-E in Outlook).
I know that Ctrl-Shift-Q clears the Search bar contents, but how to get there with the keyboard?
I guess I need to add a new line to the .config/evolution/accels but I don't have the faintest idea what command I should write there.

System: Linux Mint 18.1 (Serena)
Evolution: 3.18.5.2

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

Tiri​​​​

Re: Keyboard shortcut (accelerator) to get to the Search bar in Evolution

Milan Crha
On Sat, 2017-06-10 at 00:37 +0200, Tiri wrote:
> I simply cannot find what keyboard
> shortcut (accelerator in linux terminology) gets me to the Search bar
> in Evolution (it's Ctrl-E in Outlook).

        Hi,
when you hold the Alt key on the keyboard for a few seconds (it's
like 2 for me), then some of the letters get underlined, both in the
top menu bar, then also in the search bar. The English translation
shows me the 'w' in the "Show:", 'c' in the "Search:" and 'n' in the
"in" words on the search bar, thus pressing Alt+W focuses the Show
combo, Alt+C the Search entry and so on. Your translation can have
chosen different letters as accelerators.

Re: Keyboard shortcut (accelerator) to get to the Search bar in Evolution

Tiringer István
Hi Milan,

Thanks for your answer; unfortunately in the Hungarian version letter 'K'
becomes underlined in 2 locations - once in the main menu Search menu item and
secondly in the Search bar :-) Pressing Alt-K then always activates the main
menu (I guess the main menu gets precedence over the Search bar)
At least we gave it a try :-)
Thanks anyway

Tiri

On Sat, 2017-06-10 at 00:37 +0200, Tiri wrote:

> I simply cannot find what keyboard
> shortcut (accelerator in linux terminology) gets me to the Search bar
> in Evolution (it's Ctrl-E in Outlook).
        Hi,
when you hold the Alt key on the keyboard for a few seconds (it's
like 2 for me), then some of the letters get underlined, both in the
top menu bar, then also in the search bar. The English translation
shows me the 'w' in the "Show:", 'c' in the "Search:" and 'n' in the
"in" words on the search bar, thus pressing Alt+W focuses the Show
combo, Alt+C the Search entry and so on. Your translation can have
chosen different letters as accelerators.

Re: Keyboard shortcut (accelerator) to get to the Search bar in Evolution

Andre Klapper
Hi Tiri,

On Mon, 2017-06-12 at 21:51 +0200, Tiringer István wrote:
> Thanks for your answer; unfortunately in the Hungarian version letter 'K'
> becomes underlined in 2 locations - once in the main menu Search menu item and
> secondly in the Search bar :-) Pressing Alt-K then always activates the main
> menu (I guess the main menu gets precedence over the Search bar)
> At least we gave it a try :-)
> Thanks anyway

Feel free to file a request to the Hungarian team at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=L10N&component=Hungarian%20[hu]

Looking at
https://l10n.gnome.org/POT/evolution.master/evolution.master.hu.po
this is still the case:

#: ../src/shell/e-shell-searchbar.c:950
msgid "Sear_ch:"
msgstr "_Keresés:"

#: ../src/shell/e-shell-window-actions.c:986
msgid "_Search"
msgstr "_Keresés"

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/