Let us set outgoing email headers via filters or use the address book lookups for Reply-To: as we do with To/Cc/Bcc:?

Let us set outgoing email headers via filters or use the address book lookups for Reply-To: as we do with To/Cc/Bcc:?

J.B. Nicholson
I'm using Evolution 3.36.4-2 on Debian GNU/Linux.

I'd like Evolution to make it easier to let me set a Reply-To: header
for certain mailing lists I subscribe to which will keep my Reply-To:
header setting if set. I didn't see a straightforward way to do this
via the outgoing filters, so I thought I'd add in the Reply-To: header
value manually for now.

When I type a few characters into the Reply-To: header Evolution
doesn't help fill in the rest of the name and address akin to how the
To, Cc, and Bcc: headers work using address book lookups.

Is there a way to change this either to let me set headers on outgoing
emails as a rule or, failing that, to let me use address book lookups
and help me fill in the Reply-To: header based on those address book
lookups?

Thanks.

Re: Let us set outgoing email headers via filters or use the address book lookups for Reply-To: as we do with To/Cc/Bcc:?

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-09-28 at 19:42 -0500, J.B. Nicholson wrote:
> Is there a way to change this either to let me set headers on
> outgoing emails as a rule or,

        Hi,
I do not see anything else but the "Pipe To Program", but that feels
like an overhead for such thing like changing the Reply-To.

> failing that, to let me use address book lookups and help me fill in
> the Reply-To: header based on those address book lookups?

The To/CC/Bcc auto-completes with recipients, not with the senders.
This kind of lookup won't help in the Reply-To.

One option could be to create a send-only account with prefilled
Reply-To and setup Evolution to use that account for certain mail
folders/recipients (through the Send Account Override).