Msg filter to auto create calendar entry

Msg filter to auto create calendar entry

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hello!

I need some ideas on a way to create a message filter shell command that
would take the contents of a message and create a calendar entry in Evo
(v3.30.5-1.1).  I can handle the filter, regex parsing, what I don't
know is the pipe interface/parameters/environment nor having the script
create the calendar entry.

Thanks for any ideas/etc.

-Jim P.

Re: Msg filter to auto create calendar entry

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2020-09-23 at 09:09 -0400, Jim Popovitch via evolution-list
wrote:
> I can handle the filter, regex parsing, what I don't
> know is the pipe interface/parameters/environment nor having the
> script create the calendar entry.

        Hi,
I'm afraid you'd need a helper program for it, maybe something like
this [1], though it doesn't show how an ESourceRegistry is created and
the target calendar (ECalClient) opened, it's only an automated test
for the "create object" function. The missing part can be seen
here [2]. You still need to know the UID of the calendar you want to
use as the target, with which you can

   ESource *source = e_source_registry_ref_source (registry, UID);
   g_clear_object (&source);

I do not know how much useful these pointers are for you.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/blob/gnome-3-36/tests/libecal/test-cal-client-create-object.c

[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/gnome-3-36/src/e-util/test-source-selector.c#L909
    https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/blob/gnome-3-36/src/e-util/test-source-selector.c#L171