No inbox

nejekipl

Hi, Milan,

Tanks for the help.

Evolution run from terminal:-

ike@debiank:~$ evolution

\

** (evolution:1942): CRITICAL **: em_utils_folder_is_sent: assertion 'CAMEL_IS_FOLDER (folder)' failed

** (evolution:1942): WARNING **: Shell not finalized on exit

ike@debiank:~$ \

Server type is SMTP and POP

Receiving mail is SMTP Out going is POP.

Regards

Isaac

Hi,
could you provide a screenshot of evolution, with "censored" private
information, thus it'll be better understood what you see, please?
There are many variables which can cause Inbox not shown, being it the
side bar, the Inbox folder not being subscribed (if this is IMAP
account), the account can be disabled in Edit->Preferences->Mail
Accounts, or... I do not know what more I may try to think of and write
here with so little information you provided.

You can run evolution from a terminal, to see whether any errors are
printed there.

You might want to share what account type the "Inbox" folder you speak
about belongs to (like IMAP, EWS, On This Computer, ...). There are
many things which matter.

Re: No inbox

Milan Crha
On Sat, 2017-05-27 at 16:06 +1000, nejekipl wrote:
> Hi, Milan,

        Hi,
no real reply to the thread you started earlier? That's weird. Unless
you are not on the mailing list. Or?

> ike@debiank:~$ evolution
> \
> ** (evolution:1942): CRITICAL **: em_utils_folder_is_sent: assertion
> 'CAMEL_IS_FOLDER (folder)' failed
>
> ** (evolution:1942): WARNING **: Shell not finalized on exit
> ike@debiank:~$ \
>
> Server type is SMTP and POP
> Receiving mail is SMTP Out going is POP.

SMTP is for sending, POP is for receiving. Just to make it clear.

POP messages can be seen in On This Computer/Inbox. It's stored in
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
Do you have access there?

Do you see On This Computer/Inbox in the Evolution? I asked for more
than just the terminal output. All I asked for earlier would help a
bit.

What if you create a new user, log in with it, then create the same
POP+SMTP account there, will the messages be shown? Make sure you
disable "Delete messages from the server" in that account, thus it
would be possible to download them also from the main account.