OpenPGP key ID for alias email address(es)

OpenPGP key ID for alias email address(es)

I have an e-mail account with several alias email addresses. I have separate PGP keys for both the main email address of the email account and the alias email addresses.

For the main email address, I was able to add the OpenPGP key ID in Security in the account editor of Evolution 3.36.4-0ubuntu1. For my alias email addresses, I haven't found a way to enter the respective OpenPGP key ID. How does this work in Evolution?

Regards,

Ettore Atalan

Re: OpenPGP key ID for alias email address(es)

Ángel González
On 2020-12-31 at 16:53 +0100, Ettore Atalan via evolution-list wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an e-mail account with several alias email addresses. I have
> separate PGP keys for both the main email address of the email
> account and the alias email addresses.
>
> For the main email address, I was able to add the OpenPGP key ID in
> Security in the account editor of Evolution 3.36.4-0ubuntu1. For my
> alias email addresses, I haven't found a way to enter the respective
> OpenPGP key ID. How does this work in Evolution?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ettore Atalan

How do you have evolution configured to use those alias? What do you do
to send from them?

Best regards

Re: OpenPGP key ID for alias email address(es)

On Thu, 2020-12-31 at 16:53 +0100, Ettore Atalan via evolution-list
wrote:
> How does this work in Evolution?

        Hi,
try to keep the GPG key ID empty int he Security tab of the Mail
account Settings. Unfortunately, in this case the automatic
sign/encrypt doesn't work.

Alternatively, you can create a send-only account (by setting "None"
type for receiving and by duplicating Sending type as the original
account) with the alias address, which allows you to change the
Security settings. That was the way to work with aliases "in the past".

There is filled this bug:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/109