POP address not displaying inbox

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Just started using Evolution.  I have more than one email address most of
which are imap (they all have an inbox).  I have entered 4 POP email
accounts.  The POP email does work as far as receiving and sending an email
but no individual inbox is displayed for any of the 4 addresses. They all
show up in the inbox for on this computer only.  What do I do to fix this?

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: POP address not displaying inbox

Pete Biggs
On Sat, 2019-03-23 at 14:19 -0500, ceidleigh via evolution-list wrote:
> Just started using Evolution.  I have more than one email address most of
> which are imap (they all have an inbox).  I have entered 4 POP email
> accounts.  The POP email does work as far as receiving and sending an email
> but no individual inbox is displayed for any of the 4 addresses. They all
> show up in the inbox for on this computer only.

That is correct.  POP downloads email to your computer so the mail is
only 'on this computer'; IMAP mail is stored remotely.

>   What do I do to fix this?

It is not wrong, so there is nothing to "fix".

If, however, you would prefer to keep the mail from each source
separate, then use filters to move the mail around after it has been
retrieved.

I would also say that the "fix" is to not use POP unless you really,
really have to. It's an old protocol that is showing its age.

Re: POP address not displaying inbox

On Sat, 2019-03-23 at 14:19 -0500, ceidleigh via evolution-list wrote:
> Just started using Evolution.  I have more than one email address most of
> which are imap (they all have an inbox).  I have entered 4 POP email
> accounts.  The POP email does work as far as receiving and sending an email
> but no individual inbox is displayed for any of the 4 addresses. They all
> show up in the inbox for on this computer only.  What do I do to fix this?

Help->Common Mail Questions and Problems->Separating POP mail for more than one account