Persistent "Error while sending message" due to malformed recipient address

Persistent "Error while sending message" due to malformed recipient address

Vidar Evenrud Seeberg
Hi gurus!

Ubuntu Gnome 17.04
Evolution 3.22.6
Account using Evolution-EWS

I wrongly placed a space in a recipient's email address. Now I get
"Error while sending message. At least one recipient isn't valid.,
Recipient "<address>" isn't resolved. All recipients must be resolved
before a message can be submitted" when I manually check mail. I also
get a message reminding me of unsent messages exists when quitting
Evolution. The problem is I can't find the problem message anywhere so I
am not able to correct or delete it. The Outbox folder is empty, so is
the Drafts folder.

Please help!

Best regards
Vidar

Re: Persistent "Error while sending message" due to malformed recipient address

Milan Crha
On Mon, 2017-05-15 at 20:24 +0200, Vidar Evenrud Seeberg wrote:
> The problem is I can't find the problem message anywhere
> so I am not able to correct or delete it. The Outbox folder is empty,
> so is the Drafts folder.

        Hi,
evolution doesn't use Exchange's Outbox folder, it always uses the
local Outbox folder, thus On This Computer/Outbox. If you do not see On
This Computer in the folder tree, then verify it's checked in
Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts.