Pictures in Contacts

Richard Barmann
What size do the pictures have to be to get accepoted in Contact
listing.

Re: Pictures in Contacts

Andre Klapper
On Wed, 2019-07-03 at 19:06 -0400, Richard wrote:
> What size do the pictures have to be to get accepoted in Contact
> listing.

What makes you think that picture size is relevant?
Please explain the underlying problem that led you to this question.

Re: Pictures in Contacts

Richard Barmann
When I tried to enter a picture it said it was to large and asked if I
wanted to resise it. When I clicked on that the picture disapeared. Am
I doing something wrong.
Richard Barmann

On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 02:16 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:

> On Wed, 2019-07-03 at 19:06 -0400, Richard wrote:
> > What size do the pictures have to be to get accepoted in Contact
> > listing.
>
> What makes you think that picture size is relevant?
> Please explain the underlying problem that led you to this question.
>
> Cheers,
> andre
> --
> Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Pictures in Contacts

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2019-07-03 at 21:29 -0400, Richard wrote:
> When I tried to enter a picture it said it was to large and asked if
> I wanted to resise it. When I clicked on that the picture disapeared.
> Am I doing something wrong.

        Hi,
I do not think you do anything wrong, though the behavior can change
with version of underlying libraries (like if you used a format which
the gdk-pixbuf could not handle or such). I've no idea what your
Evolution version is, but that mine expects an image of size 96x96
pixels and asks to resize it for anything larger.

I added a text to the question dialog about the expected image size for
the next development version [1], 3.33.4, thus for the 3.34.0 stable
release.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/commit/f471ad3d69