Plugin "Evolution On" is missing a function named e_plugin_ui_init()

Plugin "Evolution On" is missing a function named e_plugin_ui_init()

Bjørn T Johansen
After upgrading my Arch installation today, Evolution On stopped working. Not sure if this is fixable?
Or perhaps someone can point me to a different and working system/notification tray plugin?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

Re: Plugin "Evolution On" is missing a function named e_plugin_ui_init()

Ralf Mardorf-3

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 08:31, Bjørn T Johansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After upgrading my Arch installation today, Evolution On stopped working. Not sure if this is fixable?
> Or perhaps someone can point me to a different and working system/notification tray plugin?

Hi,

when I upgraded very early today I needed to fix an AUR package, because a GNOME related package from official repositories was renamed. Another package from official repositories was unintended downgraded and later upgraded. In addition I noticed an Evolution upgrade, also provided by official repositories, but it was a git version, not an official released version from upstream. Apart from this I run into a minor issue with a dummy package and another user reported that there at least was a second package unintended downgraded.

In short, Evolution is build from git, maybe something was disabled for good reasons, perhaps related to a security issue or something else. You could take a look at the package commits or use ABS to rebuild Evolution with all wanted options enabled, assuming you are using Evolution from official repositories. If you build Evolution yourself, you might need to rebuild it against new dependencies.

For me around 260 packages were upgraded, including the described hiccups. You perhaps should report it to the Arch Bugtracker, I suspect upstream is not responsible for the issue.

I upgraded Evolution when running Ubuntu, in a systemd-nspawn container, so I didn't test if Evolution still runs here. At the moment I'm not on my computer, so I can't test if something is broken now.

Regards,
Ralf