Problem sending+receiving emails

Jonathan Ryshpan
Evolution is having trouble both sending and receiving emails. I suspect the trouble is with my ISP, namely ATT. Sending is via SMTP. I can always get a message to send by; retrying once or twice. Receiving is via POP; I can also receive messages by retrying.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? Is there anything to be done about it?

Thanks - jon

Re: Problem sending+receiving emails

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2017-03-17 at 15:17 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Evolution is having trouble both sending and receiving emails.  I suspect the
> trouble is with my ISP, namely ATT.  Sending is via SMTP.  I can always get a
> message to send by; retrying once or twice.  Receiving is via POP; I can also
> receive messages by retrying.
>
> Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Is there anything to be done about it?

What version of Evolution? What POP options do you have?

Re: Problem sending+receiving emails

Dr. John H. Lauterbach
I believe that this problem is caused by quality of the internet
connection and is not directly related to evolution version or device.
I was traveling most of this past week and saw the problem come and go.
Once here at home bases with a 50/10 Internet connection, problem never
occurs unless ISP has problem.

JL