Problem with attachments

Daniele Totaro
Hello,
I've just upgraded Evolution to 3.32.2 (flatpak git); with the previous version, it was enough a double-click in the preview to open the attachments with the appropriate application (spreadsheets with Calc, pdfs with pdf-viewer, etc.).
Now it is not possible anymore, double-clicking it just opens a new windows "portal" where each time I have to choose the right application.

Why? Thank you for help!
Ubuntu 18.04LTS, Evolution 3.32.2
Daniele

Re: Problem with attachments

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2019-06-07 at 10:33 +0000, Daniele Totaro wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just upgraded Evolution to 3.32.2 (flatpak git); with the
> previous version, it was enough a double-click in the preview to open
> the attachments with the appropriate application (spreadsheets with
> Calc, pdfs with pdf-viewer, etc.).

If this is about the bottom of the message preview, that's correct if
you always have the Attachments pane expanded and if you have "Icon
View" enabled in the dropdown on the right.

> Now it is not possible anymore, double-clicking it just opens a new
> windows "portal" where each time I have to choose the right
> application.

I don't get a "portal" here in 3.32.2 on Fedora 30 but the application
opens after a double-click. What exactly is a "portal"?

Re: Problem with attachments

On Fri, 2019-06-07 at 10:33 +0000, Daniele Totaro wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just upgraded Evolution to 3.32.2 (flatpak git); with the previous version, it was enough a double-click in the preview to open the attachments with the appropriate application (spreadsheets with Calc, pdfs with pdf-viewer, etc.).
> Now it is not possible anymore, double-clicking it just opens a new windows "portal" where each time I have to choose the right application.

Possibly because it's a flatpak version, so AFAIK runs essentially in
its own isolated environment, but that's just a guess.

On Fri, 2019-06-07 at 12:20 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Possibly because it's a flatpak version, so AFAIK runs essentially in
> its own isolated environment, but that's just a guess.

That's a correct guess.

Daniele, flatpak is not a native application, it has its pros and cons
and you just face one of those cons.