Re: Evol. 2.2.1.1 - Out of Office automatic reply

Re: Evol. 2.2.1.1 - Out of Office automatic reply

Jeffrey Stedfast
you need Exchange... this is one type of feature which needs to be done
on the server (it can't work on the client)

Jeff

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 10:39 +0930, Miles Humphrys wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to do an out of office reply for all
> incoming E-mails without having to use exchange? I don't seem to be able to
> find it in any preference settings, nor able to find any documentation in
> regards to this other than setting it up via exchange.
>
> Cheers,
> Miles Humphrys

Re: Evol. 2.2.1.1 - Out of Office automatic reply

Rubin Bennett
On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 21:34 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> you need Exchange... this is one type of feature which needs to be done
> on the server (it can't work on the client)
>
> Jeff
>
> On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 10:39 +0930, Miles Humphrys wrote:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a way to do an out of office reply for all
> > incoming E-mails without having to use exchange? I don't seem to be able to
> > find it in any preference settings, nor able to find any documentation in
> > regards to this other than setting it up via exchange.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Miles Humphrys
If you're using procmail, I've written a web interface that gives this
functionality.  If there's enough interest, I'll post it for download.

Rubin

--
Rubin Bennett
RB Technologies

temporary security deserve neither liberty nor safety"
  --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Re: Evol. 2.2.1.1 - Out of Office automatic reply

Adam Tauno Williams
> you need Exchange... this is one type of feature which needs to be done
> on the server (it can't work on the client)

You can do this with SIEVE if you have a Cyrus IMAP server - it works
very well.
But it isn't integrated with evolution.

>> I was wondering if there is a way to do an out of office reply for all
>> incoming E-mails without having to use exchange? I don't seem to be able to
>> find it in any preference settings, nor able to find any documentation in
>> regards to this other than setting it up via exchange.

RE: Evol. 2.2.1.1 - Out of Office automatic reply

Miles Humphrys
Thanks for that. We have an IMAP / postfix mail server which I will
configure to allow it to happen. Perhaps using vacation or something like
that. If necessary, I will also create a suitable front end to allow people
to set it up themselves, although that may be difficult.

Cheers and thanks,
Miles Humphrys