Re: somethings wrong

Ben Davis-6
Umm.. ok.  seriously man, it's just an email.  Calm down.   I've been
trying to unsubscribe also, but you don't need to go flaming the Gnome
developers for little hiccup in their mail system. Give me a break.  The
gnome desktop is, in my opinion, still the best desktop out there. They
continue to focus on being innovative without bloating it to death, and
I see that as something valuable. I've been using gnome for about 4
years now and I doubt I'll ever use anything else.   (just my $0.02)

Stephen Green wrote:

> Hello,
> Is anyone at Gnome aware? do you guys know what wrong with your
> evolution mail lists, don't you people keep up with the sections that
> don't work right? I have tried unsuccessfully to *unsubcribe* from
> your evolution mailing lists, and I 'm recieving email from other
> people trying to *unsubscribe* from those same lists...In my mailbox?
> Whats that about? Why on earth would mail meant for you people be
> landing in *my
> mailbox*? Another subscriber, a disgusted one at that! You've forced
> me to set my email filters to treat your emails as junk, and I get a
> dozen or so a day.
> I'm so disappointed with both the evolution software its self, and with
> this whole Gnome business. So much so that I've stopped using the
> Gnome desktop in the many various Linux distro's that I use and
> recomend to others...
> I wouldn't be so upset if it weren't for the fact that the whole
> evo-list thing you are mismanaging is a bad reflection on the whole
> Gnome thing, understand? Its been going for a week or so, to my
> chagrine, and there doesn't appear to be any responce from anyone at
> Gnome,
> at all!
> What a shame..
>
> Stephen Green

Re: somethings wrong

Harish Krishnaswamy-2
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 00:59 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:

> And I *DON'T* second that.  What a big deal, a few mails more.  There
> is a problem which is going to be solved, there's no need to shout out
> about it.  Patience is a generally a good thing and most of GNOME
> contributors are volunteers, it's disgusting to puke on their work.

Thanks for your understanding.  The problem has been resolved now.

Harish

Re: Re: somethings wrong

Paul Leyland
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:50 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> The mailing lists were being migrated from one domain to another. There
> were hitches during the switch-over as you have already observed.
> They have been fixed now...

Oh no they haven't.

My subsription was for the digest version, I seem to be getting every
single posting individually.

The page http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list refuses to
accept my credentials.  I know what is typed is correct, in part because
a couple of times I've cut and pasted the data directly from my initial
subscription details.

Apologies for spamming the list, but even asking for a password reminder
has yet to return anything.

Not happy.

Paul

Re: Re: somethings wrong

Andre Klapper
hi paul,

thanks for pointing out another migration error.

Am Dienstag, den 30.08.2005, 09:51 +0100 schrieb Paul Leyland:
> The page http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list refuses to
> accept my credentials.  I know what is typed is correct, in part because
> a couple of times I've cut and pasted the data directly from my initial
> subscription details.

i second that. i guess that some poeple are already working on fixing
this.

cheers,

 mailto:[hidden email] | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de

Re: Re: somethings wrong

Jim Frost
Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

>The mailing lists were being migrated from one domain to another. There
>were hitches during the switch-over as you have already observed.
>They have been fixed now...

To put it bluntly, no they haven't.

jim (on his 2nd try to unsubscribe)

Re: Re: somethings wrong

Harish Krishnaswamy-2

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 09:51 +0100, Paul Leyland wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:50 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> Oh no they haven't.
>
> My subsription was for the digest version, I seem to be getting every
> single posting individually.
>
> The page http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list refuses to
> accept my credentials.  I know what is typed is correct, in part because
> a couple of times I've cut and pasted the data directly from my initial
> subscription details
>
> Apologies for spamming the list, but even asking for a password reminder
> has yet to return anything.

this works for me and a couple more who volunteered to test. could you
try this again (or) check if it was not lost in your filters

> Paul

i will drop in a word to the list administrator about your account..to
see what is happening...

Harish

Re: Re: somethings wrong

Paul Leyland
All now fixed, thanks.

The password reminder eventually arrived, with a password I'd never seen
before.  I surmise that the password I had set was flushed, along with
other config details, and so the system chose one for me  --- as if I'd
left it blank originally.

Paul