Repeated errors due to missing file

Jim Ohlstein
Hello,

I've recently switched to Evolution on Ubuntu 16.04 using Gnome. There
are six email accounts and I've set up a "unified" inbox. Frequently,
though not always, when a new mail arrives I see a yellow error banner
and a message like "Execution of filter 'Junk check' failed: Empty
cache file: /home/jim/.cache/evolution/mail/1496683913.10061.19@linus/f
olders/INBOX/cur/30/1350 ". I haven't set up a "Junk check" filter, and
can't find it.

It doesn't seem to cause any ill effect. Is there a way to correct
this, or at least to suppress the warning?

--
Jim Ohlstein
Professional Mailman Hosting

Re: Repeated errors due to missing file

Milan Crha
On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 08:40 -0400, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
> I've recently switched to Evolution on Ubuntu 16.04 using Gnome.

        Hi,
Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.04,... what is the version of Evolution there,
please?

> when a new mail arrives I see a yellow error banner
> and a message like "Execution of filter 'Junk check' failed: Empty
> cache file: /home/jim/.cache/evolution/mail/1496683913.10061.19@linus
> /folders/INBOX/cur/30/1350 ".

That comes from an IMAPx account and it had been (mostly?) addressed in
3.22.x or 3.24.x of evolution-data-server. I guess it's not the version
you use, because it wasn't available in early 2016.

> I haven't set up a "Junk check" filter, and can't find it.

Each IMAP account has a checkbox in its Properties->Receiving Options
tab, saying whether to apply filters and another specific to Junk
filtering. There is also Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk tab.
There had been some bug about junk filtering being run for new messages
regardless these options in the recent past, but I do not recall
whether it went anywhere, I'm sorry.

> It doesn't seem to cause any ill effect. Is there a way to correct
> this, or at least to suppress the warning?

You can try to limit concurrent connections, also in account
Properties->Receiving Options tab, to 1, but it has some side effects,
like slower response from the account (as one connection used for
everything means that any operation is waiting in a queue until the
current operation is finished, thus for example folder update blocks
message download).

On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 08:22 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-06-06 at 08:40 -0400, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
> >
> > I've recently switched to Evolution on Ubuntu 16.04 using Gnome.
> Hi,
> Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 16.04,... what is the version of Evolution
> there,
> please?

3.18.5.2

> > when a new mail arrives I see a yellow error banner
> > and a message like "Execution of filter 'Junk check' failed: Empty
> > cache file: /home/jim/.cache/evolution/mail/1496683913.10061.19@lin
> > us
> > /folders/INBOX/cur/30/1350 ".
> That comes from an IMAPx account and it had been (mostly?) addressed
> in
> 3.22.x or 3.24.x of evolution-data-server. I guess it's not the
> version
> you use, because it wasn't available in early 2016.

Yes, this is the "stock" version installed with Gnome.

> > I haven't set up a "Junk check" filter, and can't find it.
> Each IMAP account has a checkbox in its Properties->Receiving Options
> tab, saying whether to apply filters and another specific to Junk
> filtering. There is also Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk
> tab.
> There had been some bug about junk filtering being run for new
> messages
> regardless these options in the recent past, but I do not recall
> whether it went anywhere, I'm sorry.
>

> > It doesn't seem to cause any ill effect. Is there a way to correct
> > this, or at least to suppress the warning?
> You can try to limit concurrent connections, also in account
> Properties->Receiving Options tab, to 1, but it has some side
> effects,
> like slower response from the account (as one connection used for
> everything means that any operation is waiting in a queue until the
> current operation is finished, thus for example folder update blocks
> message download).a try.

Thanks. I'll give that

Re: Repeated errors due to missing file

Dr. John H. Lauterbach
evolution version 3.20.5 works very well under Ubuntu 16.04.

John

[...]
You can try to limit concurrent connections, also in account Properties->Receiving Options tab, to 1, but it has some side effects, like slower response from the account (as one connection used for everything means that any operation is waiting in a queue until the current operation is finished, thus for example folder update blocks message download).a try.
Thanks. I'll give that
Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list [hidden email] To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list