Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

John Edward Serink
Hi All:

My system:
jserinki7 jserink # equery list evolution
 * Searching for evolution ...
[IP-] [  ] mail-client/evolution-3.22.3:2.0

The right click spelling suggestions is working but the correction function does not work.
That is, you right click on the spelling mistake, choose your dictionary and select the correct suggestion, the mistake does not get corrected.

Cheers,
John
--
John Edward Serink Product Applications Engineer, Advanced Positioning Trimble Navigation Singapore PTE Ltd. 80 Marine Parade Road, Co. Reg. No. 199204958W #22-06 Parkway Parade Singapore 449269 Tel 65-6348-2212 Fax 65-6348-2232 DID 65-6348-2178 HP  65-9129-4250 Skype: johnserink

Re: Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

Joakim Tjernlund-2
On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 15:19 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
Hi All:

My system:
jserinki7 jserink # equery list evolution
 * Searching for evolution ...
[IP-] [  ] mail-client/evolution-3.22.3:2.0

The right click spelling suggestions is working but the correction function does not work.
That is, you right click on the spelling mistake, choose your dictionary and select the correct suggestion, the mistake does not get corrected.

Cheers,
John

I have noted the same problem.

 Jocke

Re: Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 15:19 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
> That is, you right click on the spelling mistake, choose your
> dictionary and select the correct suggestion, the mistake does not
> get corrected.

        Hello,
I tried it here and the word had been replaced properly. Maybe I didn't
try hard enough, I do not know. I tried also with your 3.22.3, thus
there can be something else involved.

Does it fail for you consistently? How do you do that precisely (mouse
click, cursor being where you clicked already, and so on)? When you run
evolution from a terminal, is there anything printed after you
reproduce the issue, please?

You might consider filling this as a bug report here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution&component=Composer&version=3.22.x

Re: Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

John Edward Serink
I will check in the morning.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 15:19 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
> That is, you right click on the spelling mistake, choose your
> dictionary and select the correct suggestion, the mistake does not
> get corrected.

Hello,
I tried it here and the word had been replaced properly. Maybe I didn't
try hard enough, I do not know. I tried also with your 3.22.3, thus
there can be something else involved.

Does it fail for you consistently? How do you do that precisely (mouse
click, cursor being where you clicked already, and so on)? When you run
evolution from a terminal, is there anything printed after you
reproduce the issue, please?

You might consider filling this as a bug report here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution&component=Composer&version=3.22.x

Re: Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

John Edward Serink
Hi Milan:

I closed the evolution client and started it up from the bash console. This is my test email:
friday test today
hello

I then right clock on the work 'friday', which is underlined as it should be, and select the UK Englosh dictionary and select the suggestion "Friday", it does not correct.

Perhaps I have a setting wrong in Evolution?

Console output is below:
[hidden email] ~/qemu/vde $ evolution
(evolution:12647): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files<--------- Evolution started

(evolution:12647): evolution-util-WARNING **: name_selector_get_client_cb: Unable to connect to 'Contacts': Backend factory for source [hidden email]' and extension 'Address Book' cannot be found.<-----------'New' is selected for new message. There was no console output when I right clocked and tried to do the spelling correction.
(evolution:12647): evolution-util-WARNING **: name_selector_get_client_cb: Unable to connect to 'Contacts': Backend factory for source [hidden email]' and extension 'Address Book' cannot be found.<----------'Reply' is selected for your original email which is this one.

Cheers,
john

--

On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 12:44 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2017-01-19 at 15:19 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
That is, you right click on the spelling mistake, choose your dictionary and select the correct suggestion, the mistake does not get corrected.
Hello, I tried it here and the word had been replaced properly. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, I do not know. I tried also with your 3.22.3, thus there can be something else involved. Does it fail for you consistently? How do you do that precisely (mouse click, cursor being where you clicked already, and so on)? When you run evolution from a terminal, is there anything printed after you reproduce the issue, please? You might consider filling this as a bug report here: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution&component=Composer&version=3.22.x Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list [hidden email] To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

Re: Right click spelling corrections/suggestions

Milan Crha
On Fri, 2017-01-20 at 07:28 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
> I then right clock on the work 'friday', which is underlined as it
> should be, and select the UK Englosh dictionary and select the
> suggestion "Friday", it does not correct.

        Hi,
that's basically what I've been doing, but no luck with the reproducer,
my text is properly replaced.

> Perhaps I have a setting wrong in Evolution?

I suppose not. That might be just some corner case which exhibits the
issue for some reason. The runtime warnings you saw on the console are
unrelated, as you might expect.

I'd prefer if we could move to bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution&component=Composer&version=3.22.x
and continue the investigation there. I would provide some debug
patches for further investigation.

        Thanks and bye,