Rules and such

Christopher Marlow-3
Hi,

Before ya'll tell me to RTFM aka real the help manual I have a problem
with filters

My problem with the filters is..... I have my AOL ( yes I still have
AOL ) imap account setup to move emails off of the server to my inbox
on ON MY COMPUTER.

I have that rule set up as the very first rule.

I have the rule set up as:

Rule Incoming
For the account: [hidden email]
Match all conditions

then.......
Move to folder On My computer/ inbox
Stop Processing

The only problem with that is......

I get this email from fonts101.com at my AOL account

Okay when all of the emails are moved from the AOL account to inbox on
my computer the problem is when the filters run, It will not catch that
fonts101.com email that I have a filter set up for and move it to my
fonts folder on saved on this computer.

SO basically what I am saying is I have 2 rules

One is to move all emails from AOL to saved on my computer / inbox

then another rule to move emails from fonts101.com to a folder called
Font Of The Day

And the 2nd rule is not working its leaving the email in my inbox.

I am needing help with the 2nd part. Getting the email moved to Font Of
The Day folder. I got the moving from AOL IMAP server to Saved on my pc
part down. I am hoping this is fixable.

Chris
[hidden email]

Evolution 3.30.5
IMAP

Re: Rules and such

answer below.

On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 16:39 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:

> Before ya'll tell me to RTFM aka real the help manual I have a
> problem
> with filters
>
> My problem with the filters is..... I have my AOL ( yes I still have
> AOL ) imap account setup to move emails off of the server to my inbox
> on ON MY COMPUTER.
>
> I have that rule set up as the very first rule.
>
> I have the rule set up as:
>
> Rule Incoming
> For the account: [hidden email]
> Match all conditions
>
> then.......
> Move to folder On My computer/ inbox
> Stop Processing
>
> The only problem with that is......
>
> I get this email from fonts101.com at my AOL account
>
> Okay when all of the emails are moved from the AOL account to inbox
> on
> my computer the problem is when the filters run, It will not catch
> that
> fonts101.com email that I have a filter set up for and move it to my
> fonts folder on saved on this computer.
>
> SO basically what I am saying is I have 2 rules
>
> One is to move all emails from AOL to saved on my computer / inbox
>
> then another rule to move emails from fonts101.com to a folder called
> Font Of The Day
>
> And the 2nd rule is not working its leaving the email in my inbox.

See "Stop Processing" on
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters-actions.html
and see the warning under bullet point 6 on
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters.html