[SOLVED] IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

[SOLVED] IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

thomas
This post was updated on .
Get a problem while syncing one of my imap inbox folders. all others seem to
work without problems. I'm using evolution under arch linux with gnome.
Probably the problem occured, after I installed mate-desktop. It still
remains after removing mate.

Error message:
Fehler beim Abgleichen der Ă„nderungen: Invalid messageset

Logfile entry (CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution >& logfile):
BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid messageset'

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 03:05 -0700, thomas wrote:
> I'm using evolution under arch linux with gnome.

        Hi,
okay, but what version of Evolution it is, please?

> Probably the problem occured, after I installed mate-desktop. It
> still remains after removing mate.

As expected, MATE has nothing to do with IMAPx in evolution(-data-
server). I mean, the install of MATE might be just a coincidence.

> Logfile entry (CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution >& logfile):
> BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid messageset'

Nice. What about the lines above that request, please? The line you
quoted also contains the command ID, something like A00012 or anything
of the similar form (different character, different number). Search the
log for the same command ID and get that line(s) from the log here
(some commands can be long and be split between multiple lines in the
log). Also, do you know what that server is running, please? Maybe if
it's some public service or such. Though it can also be related to the
actual content of the folder where that command was run.

Re: IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

thomas
Hi Milan,

thank you very much for your reply.

Evolution version is 3.28.3

[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00068 UID STORE 32221 +FLAGS.SILENT (\SEEN)'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00068 BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid messageset'

[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00071 UID STORE 32221 +FLAGS.SILENT (\SEEN)'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00071 BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid messageset'

does that help?

kind regards
Thomas

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

thomas
IMAP Server is on my Webspace, hosted by Strato.de.

No problem syncing from another computer (opensuse kmail2) and on my andrid
phone.

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 06:23 -0700, thomas wrote:
> [imapx:A] I/O: 'A00071 UID STORE 32221 +FLAGS.SILENT (\SEEN)'
> [imapx:A] I/O: 'A00071 BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid messageset'
>
> does that help?

        Hi,
yes, it does, and I do not see anything wrong with the command itself,
it just tries to save a \SEEN flag on the message, like after you did
read it. I can see a similar command here:

[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00131 UID STORE 24891 +FLAGS.SILENT (\SEEN)'
[imapx:A] I/O: '* 24891 FETCH (UID 24891 MODSEQ (8751637) FLAGS (\Seen))'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00131 OK Success'

That makes me think that your local copy of the account (or that
particular folder) had got out of sync with the server, but in a way
which avoids it to re-synchronize. I'd guess that the message with
UID 32221 doesn't exist in that folder on the server side any more. If
you are interested in what message that is, then right-click the
message list headers and choose Add Column there, then drag&drop the
UID column from the end of the list between shown headers.

By any chance, do you use Quick Resync (it's an option in account's
Properties->Receiving Options)? If you do, could you turn that off,
then restart evolution (not really necessary, but better to be done
anyway), and then call Refresh from the context menu of the folder,
please?

Eventually locate the local cache for the account in
~/.cache/evolution/mail/<imap-account-uid>/
and remove it. Evolution will redownload everything from scratch when
you start it.

Re: IMPAP sync problem Invalid messageset

thomas
This post was updated on .
Hi Milan,

deleting the local cache did the magic. Looks like everything works as
expected. No error message anymore and new mails coming into that specific
folder.

Also deactivated quick resync on all accounts now.

Thank you very much for your patience and help.

best regards
Thomas

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 09:16 -0700, thomas wrote:
> deleting the local cache did the magic. Looks like everything works
> as expected. No error message anymore and new mails coming into that
> specific folder.

        Hi,
okay, good.

Out of interest, did you/do you use the Quick Resync? Even it usually
works fine, it has some issues, with some servers, thus when such weird
things happen it's better to turn it off.