Searching mail

David Bicking
Probably a stupid question, but does Evolution provide a means for me to
find a message. As near as I can, The Search menu only works on the
currently selected folder, but if I knew which folder it was in, I
wouldn't need to search for it since I'd already know it was there. :)

Am I missing a selection to broaden the search?

Thanks,
David

Re: Searching mail

Richard Doyle
On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 17:24 -0500, David Bicking wrote:
> Probably a stupid question, but does Evolution provide a means for me to
> find a message. As near as I can, The Search menu only works on the
> currently selected folder, but if I knew which folder it was in, I
> wouldn't need to search for it since I'd already know it was there. :)
Create, then search, a vfolder that holds all your mail.

Re: Searching mail

Karsten Bräckelmann-2

> > Probably a stupid question, but does Evolution provide a means for me to
> > find a message. As near as I can, The Search menu only works on the
> > currently selected folder, but if I knew which folder it was in, I
> > wouldn't need to search for it since I'd already know it was there. :)
>
> Create, then search, a vfolder that holds all your mail.

Right. :)

Although you do not necessarily need to create such a vFolder, err...
Search Folder. The "Unmatched" Search Folder holds all your mail which
is not part of any other Search Folder. Unless you created one yourself,
"Unmatched" contains all mails.

Note that you even can display the real (physical) Folder those mails
are in. Right click on the column headers, "Add a Column", Original
Location.

...guenther