Signature position

Eduardo Spremolla
It's a way to change the position of the signature?

When I replay a msg, the original message is quoted, the cursor remains
on top, that is fine, but the signature goes all way down the quoted
text. I want my sig after my replay.

Should I fill a feature bug?

--
Ing. Eduardo Spremolla
Gerente de Desarrollo Aplicado

Este e-mail y cualquier posible archivo adjunto está dirigido únicamente al destinatario del mensaje y contiene información que puede ser confidencial. Si Ud. no es el destinatario correcto por favor notifique al remitente respondiendo este mensaje y elimine inmediatamente el e-mail y los posibles archivos adjuntos al mismo de su sistema. Está prohibida cualquier utilización, difusión o copia de este e-mail por cualquier persona o entidad que no sean las específicas destinatarias del mensaje. ANTEL no acepta ninguna responsabilidad con respecto a cualquier comunicación que haya sido emitida incumpliendo nuestra Política de Seguridad de la Información.
. . . . . . . . .
This e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not intended recipient please inform the sender immediately, answering this e-mail and delete it as well as the attached files. Any use, circulation or copy of this e-mail by any person or entity that is not the specific addressee(s) is prohibited. ANTEL is not responsible for any communication emitted without respecting our Information Security Policy.

Re: Signature position

Kaushal kumar-2
Hi,

>>> On Wed, Sep 7, 2005 at  3:10 pm, in message
<[hidden email]>, "Eduardo Spremolla"
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It's a way to change the position of the signature?

Not presently.

> When I replay a msg, the original message is quoted, the cursor
remains
> on top, that is fine, but the signature goes all way down the quoted
> text. I want my sig after my replay.

Maybe, this was done by design because replying to messages is preferred
inline, going down right until the end of the quoted text.
So, if the person is putting the reply text until the end of the quoted
text, it is logical for the signature to be placed at the bottom of the
composer, by default.

--
Kaushal Kumar <[hidden email]>

Re: Signature position

Eduardo Spremolla
I understand that, but then the cursor should start at the bottom of the
quoted text. Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.

I read the Wikipedia about top porting, but on evo is much easy to read
the reply on top, at least for me that use the message window below the
messages list.

Just my point of view.

( signature cut and pasted )

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I understand that, but then the cursor should start at the bottom of
the
> quoted text.
If the cursor is placed at the bottom of the quoted text, how does it
help in an inline reply, which is supposed to start from top, going
down, as you reply.
For e.g. if you would have replied inline to my last mail, you would
not have needed to cut and paste your signature above. It would be just
in the right place, then.

>Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.
Just for information sake, does such an option exist in any other
mailers you have used?

> I read the Wikipedia about top porting, but on evo is much easy to
read
> the reply on top, at least for me that use the message window below
the
> messages list.
Mostly everyone uses message window below the messages list.

> Just my point of view.
We need to see if this option is going to be really useful for everyone
before bringing it in.
A comparison with other available mailers would be a good starting
point.
- Kaushal

Re: Signature position

K. Elo
Hi,

Kaushal Kumar wrote:
> >Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.
>
> Just for information sake, does such an option exist in any other
> mailers you have used?

AFAIK, in Thunderbird you can select wether to start above or below the
quoted text when replying a message...

Greetings,
Kimmo

Re: Signature position

Kaushal kumar-2
                >>> On Thu, Sep 8, 2005 at  1:22 pm, in message
<[hidden email]>, "K. Elo" <[hidden email]>

> Kaushal Kumar wrote:
>> >Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.
>>
>> Just for information sake, does such an option exist in any other
>> mailers you have used?
>
> AFAIK, in Thunderbird you can select wether to start above or below
the
> quoted text when replying a message...
You could please file an enh request, then, unless it exists already.

- Kaushal

Fwd: Signature position

Gideon Guillen
On 9/8/05, Eduardo Spremolla <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I understand that, but then the cursor should start at the bottom of the
> quoted text. Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.
>
> I read the Wikipedia about top porting, but on evo is much easy to read
> the reply on top, at least for me that use the message window below the
> messages list.
>
> Just my point of view.

In the past, there were requests in the mailing list to support top
posting. Of course, those who did were flamed on how top posting is
bad. The developers and majority of the community basically hates top
posting. So chances are, you won't get the "painful feature" unless
you code it your self.

--
Gideon N. Guillen
[hidden email]

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!
http://getfirefox.com

--
Gideon N. Guillen
[hidden email]

Take back the web! Download Firefox Today!
http://getfirefox.com

Re: Signature position

Ron Johnson-3
On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:00 -0300, Eduardo Spremolla wrote:
> I understand that, but then the cursor should start at the bottom of the
> quoted text. Or at least an option could exist to select that behavior.
>
> I read the Wikipedia about top porting, but on evo is much easy to read
> the reply on top, at least for me that use the message window below the
> messages list.
>
> Just my point of view.

And it's a very Outlook POV, at that.

The justification for sig-at-the-top is that that's what Outlook
does, and "everyone" is used to the way Outlook does things.

Not everything that Outlook does is The Right Thing, and Evo isn't
bound to mimic it.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Temporarily not of Jefferson, LA USA

"In politics, being ridiculous is more damaging than being
extreme."
Roy Hattersley