Stop Evolution from making copies of sent emails?

Stop Evolution from making copies of sent emails?

Xavier Johnson
Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to prevent Evolution from creating
copies of sent emails. I commonly use Microsoft/Outlook-based email
services, which automatically save their own copies of sent messages,
meaning that every message I send through Evolution ends up getting
two copies: one made by the server, and one made by Evolution. A copy
made by the server is good enough for me & all I want.

For now, I set Evolution to save its copies of sent emails on my
computer instead of the server ("On This Computer/Sent"), which I
periodically delete. I would prefer if I could stop Evolution from
making any copies at all.

Thanks for the help,
XJ

PS: I am using Evolution version 3.22.6 (Groupware Suite).

Re: Stop Evolution from making copies of sent emails?

Milan Crha
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 01:51 +0000, Xavier Johnson wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to prevent Evolution from creating
> copies of sent emails. I commonly use Microsoft/Outlook-based email
> services

        Hi,
there is no such option at the moment, though if you use evolution-ews,
then it is meant to not duplicate the sent messages when it's setup to
save sent messages into an EWS folder.

Feel free to add an enhancement request into GNOME bugzilla, though
maybe there exists one such already (I didn't search myself).