Strange left-click behavior

aguador
System: Mageia Cauldron, E 0.23.1, Evo 3.36.0, libinput 1.15.4, dark
gtk3 theme

I have noticed that if I left-click a link in a message I almost always
have to move the cursor a bit to get the pop-up menu to appear to copy
or open the link. This is new behavior in Evo that did not happen with
3.34.x and does not happen in browsers, whether Basilisk, Vivaldi or
Firefox, on this system.

At first I thought left click was not functioning, but having
discovered that a cursor move brings up the menu, this is not a big
deal, but still. It is perhaps also more noticeable as this is on a
laptop using touch-to-click on the touchpad.

Could this be some new settings issue or something to report as a bug?

What more information would be helpful?

Best,
Roy

--
Roy W. Reese, DipTransIoLET
Traductor español-inglés

Producido y enviado usando Linux y programas libres

Re: Strange left-click behavior

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Fri, 2020-03-20 at 19:04 +0100, aguador wrote:
> I have noticed that if I left-click a link in a message I almost
> always have to move the cursor a bit to get the pop-up menu to appear
> to copy or open the link.

        Hi,
is it left-click you open the context menu with? It's usually a right-
click doing that. What is the webkit2gtk3 version you use, please? Do
you run a desktop environment with Wayland or X11? I'm aware of cursor
misposition with GNOME Shell 3.36.0 in virtual machines [1], though not
on bare metal, thus it's most likely something else.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1094#note_743441

Re: Strange right-click (was: left-click) behavior

aguador

El lun, 23-03-2020 a las 10:17 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list
escribió:

> On Fri, 2020-03-20 at 19:04 +0100, aguador wrote:
> > I have noticed that if I left-click a link in a message I almost
> > always have to move the cursor a bit to get the pop-up menu to
> > appear
> > to copy or open the link.
>
> Hi,
> is it left-click you open the context menu with? It's usually a
> right-
> click doing that. What is the webkit2gtk3 version you use, please? Do
> you run a desktop environment with Wayland or X11? I'm aware of
> cursor
> misposition with GNOME Shell 3.36.0 in virtual machines [1], though
> not
> on bare metal, thus it's most likely something else.
>
> [1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1094#note_743441

Hi Milan,

Thanks and sorry for the stupidity of saying "left click" - part of an
unconscious right-handed cultural bias???

The issues appear running webkit2gtk-2.28.0 under Enlightenment 0.22.4
(and now 0.23.1) and X. The issue seems to be not as severe as in the
bug report as selecting text is not a problem, but perhaps that it is
there suggests another small problem somewhere.

Best,
Roy

El lun, 23-03-2020 a las 11:13 +0100, [hidden email] escribió:

> El lun, 23-03-2020 a las 10:17 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list
> escribió:
> > is it left-click you open the context menu with? It's usually a
> > right-
> > click doing that. What is the webkit2gtk3 version you use, please?
> > Do
> > you run a desktop environment with Wayland or X11? I'm aware of
> > cursor
> > misposition with GNOME Shell 3.36.0 in virtual machines [1], though
> > not
> > on bare metal, thus it's most likely something else.
> > Bye,
> > Milan
> >
> > [1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/issues/1094#note_743441
> >
> Hi Milan,
>
> Thanks and sorry for the stupidity of saying "left click" - part of
> an
> unconscious right-handed cultural bias???
>
> The issues appear running webkit2gtk-2.28.0 under Enlightenment
> 0.22.4
> (and now 0.23.1) and X. The issue seems to be not as severe as in the
> bug report as selecting text is not a problem, but perhaps that it is
> there suggests another small problem somewhere.

A quick followup as this is clearly not an Evo issue. I am now seeing
something similar behavior in LibreOffice 6.4.1.2. I cannot swear it
was not present a couple of days ago, but I did just update Mesa to
20.0.2. In the LibreOffice drop-down menus, they either do not open
until I move the cursor or only the outline of drop-down appears until
I move the cursor.