Strange shadow on group reply

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Today as I was doing a reply-all ( fully intentional ), when the compose window came up there
was an interesting shadow overlay of the signature area, something I've never seen before. The only
thing different about the email being replied to, was the fact that it contained a link to a Google drive
location.

Attached is a partial screen grab to show the shadow. Is this a "feature", that I've just never tripped across
or is something else going on?

Thanks.
Mike

Evolution 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19)
LinuxMint 19.3
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=19.3
DISTRIB_CODENAME=tricia
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia"
NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="19.3 (Tricia)"
ID=linuxmint
ID_LIKE=ubuntu
PRETTY_NAME="Linux Mint 19.3"
VERSION_ID="19.3"
Upstream Release
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 18.04 LTS"

evolution_mystery.png (23K) Download Attachment

Re: Strange shadow on group reply

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 09:42 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via
evolution-list wrote:
> Attached is a partial screen grab to show the shadow.  Is this a
> "feature", that I've just never tripped across
> or is something else going on?

        Hi,
to be honest, I do not know what the picture is showing. It's just big
blur gray something, which I see there.

I cannot tell whether it's it, but some parts like tables, table cells,
images, they all can have a border around them when a mouse is moving
above them, and/or when they are selected. It's more red+white dotted
line, than gray, though.

Being it X11, non-GNOME, maybe a scroll bar is there? The horizontal
one uses to have certain painting issues when the overlay scrollbar is
off (which could be done with GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0).

I'm not aware of anything else. It doesn't mean there cannot be
anything.

evolution-list wrote:
Attached is a partial screen grab to show the shadow.  Is this a
"feature", that I've just never tripped across
or is something else going on?

	Hi,
to be honest, I do not know what the picture is showing. It's just big
blur gray something, which I see there.

Yep, the big gray blur is overlaying my signature ( I opted to remove my signature as I didn't want the
info in the archives).

I cannot tell whether it's it, but some parts like tables, table cells,
images, they all can have a border around them when a mouse is moving
above them, and/or when they are selected. It's more red+white dotted
line, than gray, though.

As far as I can tell, there isn't anything encapsulated in the blur. It
appears to just be some form of mask.

Being it X11, non-GNOME, maybe a scroll bar is there? The horizontal
one uses to have certain painting issues when the overlay scrollbar is
off (which could be done with GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0).

I'm not aware of anything else. It doesn't mean there cannot be
anything.

Re: Strange shadow on group reply

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 11:39 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via
evolution-list wrote:
> As far as I can tell, there isn't anything encapsulated in the blur.
> It appears to just be some form of mask.

        Hi,
aha, I see. Never saw anything like that myself.