Style for deleted or moved messages

Van Snyder
On my computer at work, where I don't have the root password, I have an antique evolution.

When I delete or move a message, it draws a line through it. Then when I "expunge" the messages get deleted or moved.

In 3.30.5-1.1, when I delete a message it goes directly to the trash folder. When I move a message, I assume it goes directly to its target. If I accidentally delete a message, go to the trash folder, and undelete it, it disappears.

I looked all through Edit>Preferences and couldn't find a setting in 3.30.5-1.1 to change the style to "draw a line through deleted or moved messages."

Can I still set up to do that, or is it gone?

Re: Style for deleted or moved messages

Andre Klapper
On Tue, 2020-07-14 at 12:16 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
> On my computer at work, where I don't have the root password, I have
> an antique evolution.
>
> When I delete or move a message, it draws a line through it. Then
> when I "expunge" the messages get deleted or moved.
>
> In 3.30.5-1.1, when I delete a message it goes directly to the trash
> folder.

Likely not, assuming that your trash folder is still "virtual" and that
you did not enable using real folders in your account settings.
The option "View > Show deleted messages" might be disabled instead.

> When I move a message, I assume it goes directly to its target.

That is never the case, as "moving" technically translates to "copy and
then delete the original".

> I looked all through Edit>Preferences and couldn't find a setting in
> 3.30.5-1.1 to change the style to "draw a line through deleted or
> moved messages."
>
> Can I still set up to do that, or is it gone?

Enable "View > Show deleted messages".