Syncing with evolution-ews

Martin Monperrus
Hi all,

I'm using evolution-ews with automated syncing in order to access my messages offline.

Instead of re-syncing only the new messages, evolution restarts syncing the whole folder:

The message "Syncing message 1 of 34827 in folder "Z : Inbox" to disk" appears at least twice a week.

Since my folder is very big, it takes a very long time.

How to tell evolution  to only sync the new messages?

Best regards,

--Martin

Re: Syncing with evolution-ews

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 05:55 +0100, Martin Monperrus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using evolution-ews with automated syncing in order to access my messages offline.
>
> Instead of re-syncing only the new messages, evolution restarts syncing the whole folder:
>
> The message "Syncing message 1 of 34827 in folder "Z : Inbox" to disk" appears at least twice a week.
>
> Since my folder is very big, it takes a very long time.
>
> How to tell evolution  to only sync the new messages?

You don't say what version of Evolution you're using (Help->About). It
is *essential* to give this information if you want a reasonable
answer.

Re: Syncing with evolution-ews

Martin Monperrus

>> I'm using evolution-ews with automated syncing in order to access my messages offline.
>>
>> Instead of re-syncing only the new messages, evolution restarts syncing the whole folder:
>>
>> The message "Syncing message 1 of 34827 in folder "Z : Inbox" to disk" appears at least twice a week.
>>
>> Since my folder is very big, it takes a very long time.
>>
>> How to tell evolution  to only sync the new messages?
> You don't say what version of Evolution you're using (Help->About). It
> is *essential* to give this information if you want a reasonable
> answer.
Sorry. I'm using Evolution and Evolution-EWS  3.30.5

--Martin

Re: Syncing with evolution-ews

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 21:31 +0100, Martin Monperrus wrote:
> > > Instead of re-syncing only the new messages, evolution restarts
> > > syncing the whole folder:
>
> I'm using Evolution and Evolution-EWS  3.30.5

        Hi,
it's supposed to just work. It checks which messages are part of the
~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/folders/....
and downloads only those which are missing.

Can it be your ~/.cache/ is cleared periodically?

Re: Syncing with evolution-ews

Martin Monperrus

> Can it be your ~/.cache/ is cleared periodically?
yes, that's it! Milan, thank you very much.

--Martin