UI: Change colors to reduce eye fatigue

The PowerTool

Hi,

I recently migrated my wife to Evolution and she is complaining here eye hurt.  I am unable to find options to change the colors in the evolution UI to reduce eye strain.  I can't find any options in the documentation or via search.  Am I missing something?

Details:

Fedora 25

]$ rpm -qa | grep -i evolution
evolution-data-server-3.22.7-2.fc25.x86_64
evolution-help-3.22.6-2.fc25.noarch
evolution-3.22.6-2.fc25.x86_64
evolution-ews-3.22.6-1.fc25.x86_64

Thanks!

Re: UI: Change colors to reduce eye fatigue

Pete Biggs

> I recently migrated my wife to Evolution and she is complaining here
> eye hurt.  I am unable to find options to change the colors in the
> evolution UI to reduce eye strain.  I can't find any options in the
> documentation or via search.  Am I missing something?

Evolution follows the Gnome colour schemes - there is nothing in
Evolution that specifically changes its look and feel.

On Sun, 2017-07-09 at 22:58 +0000, The PowerTool wrote:
> I am unable to find options to change the colors in the
> evolution UI to reduce eye strain.

        Hi,
as Pete said, the colors are derived from the current theme. At least
most of them are, defaulting to some hard coded, when the chosen
desktop-wide theme doesn't offer it.

Maybe if you could be more specific about the certain part which makes
the trouble, then it will help. For example, in message preview the
quoted parts (as the one above, the citation from your message) is
drawn with font color as specified in Edit->Preferences->Mail
Preferences->General tab->[x] Highlight quotations with [xxx] color.
This applies to plain text messages, not to HTML messages, where the
colors and so on fully depend on the sender of that message.

Re: UI: Change colors to reduce eye fatigue

The PowerTool

Thank you for the answers.

Now that I understand, more, I'll work with my wife on GTK themes and gnome-tweak-tool.  If I get stuck I'll provide more detailed information.

Thanks, again!