Upgrade trashes network connection?

Brewster Gillett
I just took the risky step of accepting Ubuntu's relentless hectoring to upgrade my
14.04 to 16.04. Everything came out fine (except for the forced shift to Unity)
except for Evolution (3.18.5.2). It is unable to see the (wired ethernet) network connection.
How I know this is an Evo problem:

1.  Firefox grabs the broadband connection just fine

2. My iPad, which uses the same mail server and the same network settings,
has no trouble fetching or sending email.

I wasted over half an hour doing web searches using a variety of search terms and
could not turn up any traffic dealing with this problem.

Does anyone here know of this condition, and whether there's a solution?

Thanks,

Brewster

Sent from my iPad

Re: Upgrade trashes network connection?

Andre Klapper
On Sat, 2017-04-29 at 10:38 -0700, bg wrote:
> Evolution (3.18.5.2). It is unable to see the (wired
> ethernet) network connection.
> Does anyone here know of this condition, and whether there's a
> solution?

As a workaround you could try to force Evolution into online mode.
See https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging#Miscellaneous

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/