Upgrading from evolution 3.20.x to 3.36.x

Upgrading from evolution 3.20.x to 3.36.x

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hi all, I would like to ask for few tips or what do I have to care mostly
to migrate all of my 15Gb of emails I have for my work in Evolution
3.20.x and start using them with Evolution 3.36.x ?

I know the emails should be storred in $HOMEDIR/.local/share/evolution .
So what would be the best procedure to make that migration ?

Obviously the first step is to backup everything.
But are there some tools to do the migration or is it enough to run the
never version of evolution and the migration will be done automatically ?

Rgds
Saxa

Re: Upgrading from evolution 3.20.x to 3.36.x

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Sat, 2020-05-30 at 04:35 +0200, Sasa Ostrouska via evolution-list
wrote:

> Hi all, I would like to ask for few tips or what do I have to care mostly
> to migrate all of my 15Gb of emails I have for my work in Evolution
> 3.20.x and start using them with Evolution 3.36.x ?
>
> I know the emails should be storred in $HOMEDIR/.local/share/evolution .
> So what would be the best procedure to make that migration ?
>
> Obviously the first step is to backup everything.
> But are there some tools to do the migration or is it enough to run the
> never version of evolution and the migration will be done automatically ?

if you aren't switching to a new computer, you shouldn't need to do
anything. Your mail will still be where it was.