What key function CTRL+J do?

Dario Lesca
I mistakenly press the CTRL+J key, and my message is disappeared

What happened to my message?

What this key accelerator do?

I tried to search a Evolution accelerator key list on web, but I didn't find anything ...

Thanks
--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 29 Workstation)

Re: What key function CTRL+J do?

Lukas Pirl
On Wed, 2019-05-15 15:45 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote as excerpted:
> I mistakenly press the CTRL+J key, and my message is disappeared
>
> What happened to my message?
>
> What this key accelerator do?

It depends on the view our are in but you probably marked your message as junk:

$ grep '<Primary>j' ~/.config/evolution/accels
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/calendar/calendar-view-workweek" "<Primary>j")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/mail/mail-mark-junk" "<Primary>j")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/gal-view/gal-view-calendar-1" "<Primary>j")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/action-group-standard/mail-mark-junk" "<Primary>j")

lp

Re: What key function CTRL+J do?

On Wed, 2019-05-15 at 15:45 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> I mistakenly press the CTRL+J key, and my message is disappeared
>
> What happened to my message?

It's marked as "Junk" and now in the virtuell Junk folder.

Re: What key function CTRL+J do?

On Wed, 2019-05-15 at 15:45 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> I mistakenly press the CTRL+J key, and my message is disappeared
>
> What happened to my message?
>
> What this key accelerator do?

Message -> Mark As -> Junk (Ctrl+J)

The message will be in the Junk folder or you'll be able to see it if
you enable View -> Show Junk Messages

Once you can see the message mark it as not junk (Message -> Mark As ->
Not Junk (Shift+Ctrl+J)) and it will reappear in the correct folder.

There are icons on the toolbar to do the same functions.

> I tried to search a Evolution accelerator key list on web, but I
> didn't find anything ...

Help -> Contents -> Getting Started -> Shortcut keys

(It happens Ctrl+J isn't in that list! I suppose it would be overly
long if everything was in it.)

The accelerators are also next to the function they are used for in the
menus.

Il giorno mer, 15/05/2019 alle 15.57 +0200, Lukas Pirl ha scritto:
> $ grep '<Primary>j' ~/.config/evolution/accels

Thank to all, now I have found my message.
... but my ~/.config/evolution/accels file is empty:

[lesca@dodo ~]$ cat ~/.config/evolution/accels
; evolution GtkAccelMap rc-file         -*- scheme -*-
; this file is an automated accelerator map dump

There is another (global?) default access file?

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 29 Workstation)

Re: What key function CTRL+J do?

Lukas Pirl
Dario,

On Wed, 2019-05-15 17:02 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote as excerpted:
> ... but my ~/.config/evolution/accels file is empty:
>
> [lesca@dodo ~]$ cat ~/.config/evolution/accels
> ; evolution GtkAccelMap rc-file         -*- scheme -*-
> ; this file is an automated accelerator map dump
>
> There is another (global?) default access file?

yes… it's a bit cryptic. If Evolution is open, the file contains only custom/modified accelerators. Once you close Evolution, Evolution will dump all the default accelerators to that file (commented out).

Best,

Lukas