XLIST Support?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

XLIST Support?

Adam Tauno Williams
I've posted this question before [in 2009], but nobody replied then.
But it came up in conversation again today, so I figured I'd post it
again.

Is there any support for XLIST in Evolution?  There is basic XLIST
support to Cyrus IMAPd [the world's ultimate IMAP server].  This would
be yet another small step towards zero-config mail clients [this system
administrator's long... long running dream. :)]
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/morg/current/msg00212.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-POP-and-IMAP-en/browse_thread/thread/a154105c54f020fb?pli=1>
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=476260#c17>
<http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2009-November/001309.html>
<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-November/msg00089.html>

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Sylvia Sánchez

What is a XLIST?


El jue, 09-08-2012 a las 21:18 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams escribió:
I've posted this question before [in 2009], but nobody replied then.
But it came up in conversation again today, so I figured I'd post it
again.

Is there any support for XLIST in Evolution?  There is basic XLIST
support to Cyrus IMAPd [the world's ultimate IMAP server].  This would
be yet another small step towards zero-config mail clients [this system
administrator's long... long running dream. :)]
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/morg/current/msg00212.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-POP-and-IMAP-en/browse_thread/thread/a154105c54f020fb?pli=1>
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=476260#c17>
<http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2009-November/001309.html>
<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-November/msg00089.html>
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Patryk Benderz
Dnia 2012-08-10, pią o godzinie 19:27 -0300, Lailah pisze:
>
> What is a XLIST?
He probably meant an "X-List:" header. Please trim citations.

--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 08:33 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> Dnia 2012-08-10, pią o godzinie 19:27 -0300, Lailah pisze:
> >
> > What is a XLIST?
> He probably meant an "X-List:" header. Please trim citations.

No, XLIST is a proposed IMAP extension intended to allow unambiguous
identification of special folders such as Sent or Drafts in a
language-independant manner. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5258

poc

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Adam Tauno Williams
On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 07:44 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 08:33 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> > Dnia 2012-08-10, pią o godzinie 19:27 -0300, Lailah pisze:
> > > What is a XLIST?
> > He probably meant an "X-List:" header. Please trim citations.
> No, XLIST is a proposed IMAP extension intended to allow unambiguous
> identification of special folders such as Sent or Drafts in a
> language-independant manner. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5258

Yikes, all these questions about what XLIST is?!

I included numerous links in the original message.

<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/morg/current/msg00212.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-POP-and-IMAP-en/browse_thread/thread/a154105c54f020fb?pli=1>
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=476260#c17>
<http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2009-November/001309.html>
<https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-November/msg00089.html>


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

signature.asc (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Adam Tauno Williams
On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 08:44 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 07:44 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 08:33 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> > > Dnia 2012-08-10, pią o godzinie 19:27 -0300, Lailah pisze:
> > > > What is a XLIST?
> > > He probably meant an "X-List:" header. Please trim citations.
> > No, XLIST is a proposed IMAP extension intended to allow unambiguous
> > identification of special folders such as Sent or Drafts in a
> > language-independant manner. See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5258
> Yikes, all these questions about what XLIST is?!
> I included numerous links in the original message.
> <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/morg/current/msg00212.html>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Help-POP-and-IMAP-en/browse_thread/thread/a154105c54f020fb?pli=1>
> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=476260#c17>
> <http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2009-November/001309.html>
> <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2009-November/msg00089.html>

Is there any news related to XLIST support in Evolution?  I've searched
bugzilla and did not find anything.


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XLIST Support?

Matthew Barnes
On Wed, 2014-05-28 at 08:20 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Is there any news related to XLIST support in Evolution?  I've searched
> bugzilla and did not find anything.

The capability is officially named SPECIAL-USE now [1].

Deep within the IMAPX backend it does fetch those attributes if the
server supports it [2], but there doesn't yet exist a public-facing API
for Evolution to get to and use that information.

So support is half-way there.

Matthew Barnes

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6154
[2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=2e4c1a8


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list