Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Sergey Makeev-2
Yandex have CalDAV and CardDAV servers and Evolution connects to them. One can create meetings, appointments, tasks and contacts. But when one tries to modify an entry within meeting, appointment, task or contact Evolution returns an error with code 200 (OK) (sic!). Thats for the first time. For the second time it returns an error with code 409 (Conflict).

Open CalDAV Synchronizer for MS Outlook available for downloads at Sourceforge.net had the very same behavior. One was allowed to create a meeting, appointment, task of contacts but was just unable to edit it later on. Upon conversation with developers of the project it was advised by them to fill-in the check-box "break or interrupt connection after each request". That solved the problem.

Could you please implement similar function of fix communication with Yandex CalDAV/CardDAV servers once and for ever?

Thanx.

--
Sergey Makeev
Le noble russe

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Adam Tauno Williams
Quoting Sergey Makeev <[hidden email]>:
> Yandex have CalDAV and CardDAV servers and Evolution connects to them.
> One can create meetings, appointments, tasks and contacts. But when one
> tries to modify an entry within meeting, appointment, task or contact
> Evolution returns an error with code 200 (OK) (sic!). Thats for the
> first time. For the second time it returns an error with code 409
> (Conflict).

That sounds like a server-side bug.  HTTP/200 is not an error, per se.

> Open CalDAV Synchronizer for MS Outlook available for downloads at
> Sourceforge.net had the very same behavior. One was allowed to create a
> meeting, appointment, task of contacts but was just unable to edit it
> later on. Upon conversation with developers of the project it was
> advised by them to fill-in the check-box "break or interrupt connection
> after each request". That solved the problem.
> Could you please implement similar function of fix communication with
> Yandex CalDAV/CardDAV servers once and for ever?

Isn't this a duplicate post?

You need to debug the DAV operation so the transaction can be
observed.  To do so check the Evolution debugging page and run the
evolution-calendar-factory with the environment set to enable CALDAV
debugging.

WEBDAV_DEBUG=all CALDAV_DEBUG=all evolution-calendar-factory >& logfile

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

On Wed, 2017-02-15 at 19:03 +0300, Sergey Makeev wrote:
> Could you please implement similar function of fix communication with
> Yandex CalDAV/CardDAV servers once and for ever?

        Hi,
you started such thread already, but it doesn't seem you follow it,
because you already received responses there :-(

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-February/msg00043.html

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Sergey Makeev-2
Server side workes fine with Outlook Caldav Synchronizer, DavDroid,
eMClient. Client side needs ti break connectiin after each request.

Sergey Makeev
Le noble russe

Adam Tauno Williams <[hidden email]> 15 февраля 2017 г. 21:41:06
написал:

> Quoting Sergey Makeev <[hidden email]>:
>> Yandex have CalDAV and CardDAV servers and Evolution connects to them.
>> One can create meetings, appointments, tasks and contacts. But when one
>> tries to modify an entry within meeting, appointment, task or contact
>> Evolution returns an error with code 200 (OK) (sic!). Thats for the
>> first time. For the second time it returns an error with code 409
>> (Conflict).
>
> That sounds like a server-side bug.  HTTP/200 is not an error, per se.
>
>> Open CalDAV Synchronizer for MS Outlook available for downloads at
>> Sourceforge.net had the very same behavior. One was allowed to create a
>> meeting, appointment, task of contacts but was just unable to edit it
>> later on. Upon conversation with developers of the project it was
>> advised by them to fill-in the check-box "break or interrupt connection
>> after each request". That solved the problem.
>> Could you please implement similar function of fix communication with
>> Yandex CalDAV/CardDAV servers once and for ever?
>
> Isn't this a duplicate post?
>
> You need to debug the DAV operation so the transaction can be
> observed.  To do so check the Evolution debugging page and run the
> evolution-calendar-factory with the environment set to enable CALDAV
> debugging.
>
> WEBDAV_DEBUG=all CALDAV_DEBUG=all evolution-calendar-factory >& logfile

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Adam Tauno Williams
Quoting Sergey Makeev <[hidden email]>:
> Server side workes fine with Outlook Caldav Synchronizer, DavDroid,
> eMClient. Client side needs ti break connectiin after each request.

NO, that is not how this process works.  You are ***assuming*** you
know the cause of the problem - and I am confident you are wrong (as I
am 99.44% confident that Evolution does not pipeline WebDAV operations
- meaning "drop connection" means nothing in this case - there is no
connection to drop).

Please provide debugging information as described.

I would love to help - I develop WebDAV/CalDAV client and server code.
  It is not as straight-forward as you think;  what is an
**WORK-AROUND** for an IDIOSYNCRASY [aka BUG] of one client is not
necessarily the solution for any other client.

> Adam Tauno Williams <[hidden email]>
>> Quoting Sergey Makeev <[hidden email]>:
>>> Yandex have CalDAV and CardDAV servers and Evolution connects to them.
>>> One can create meetings, appointments, tasks and contacts. But when one
>>> tries to modify an entry within meeting, appointment, task or contact
>>> Evolution returns an error with code 200 (OK) (sic!). Thats for the
>>> first time. For the second time it returns an error with code 409
>>> (Conflict).
>> That sounds like a server-side bug.  HTTP/200 is not an error, per se.
>>> Open CalDAV Synchronizer for MS Outlook available for downloads at
>>> Sourceforge.net had the very same behavior. One was allowed to create a
>>> meeting, appointment, task of contacts but was just unable to edit it
>>> later on. Upon conversation with developers of the project it was
>>> advised by them to fill-in the check-box "break or interrupt connection
>>> after each request". That solved the problem.
>>> Could you please implement similar function of fix communication with
>>> Yandex CalDAV/CardDAV servers once and for ever?
>> Isn't this a duplicate post?
>> You need to debug the DAV operation so the transaction can be
>> observed.  To do so check the Evolution debugging page and run the
>> evolution-calendar-factory with the environment set to enable CALDAV
>> debugging.
>> WEBDAV_DEBUG=all CALDAV_DEBUG=all evolution-calendar-factory >& logfile

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Sergey Makeev-2
Ok, ok, I will try to provide you debugging infi as descrived.
Meanwhile, why don't you register a test Yandex account and reproduce the
experiment in your home laboratory?

Sergey Makeev
Le noble russe

Adam Tauno Williams <[hidden email]> 16 февраля 2017 г. 0:15:44
написал:

> Quoting Sergey Makeev <[hidden email]>:
>> Server side workes fine with Outlook Caldav Synchronizer, DavDroid,
>> eMClient. Client side needs ti break connectiin after each request.
>
> NO, that is not how this process works.  You are ***assuming*** you
> know the cause of the problem - and I am confident you are wrong (as I
> am 99.44% confident that Evolution does not pipeline WebDAV operations
> - meaning "drop connection" means nothing in this case - there is no
> connection to drop).
>
> Please provide debugging information as described.
>
> I would love to help - I develop WebDAV/CalDAV client and server code.
>   It is not as straight-forward as you think;  what is an
> **WORK-AROUND** for an IDIOSYNCRASY [aka BUG] of one client is not
> necessarily the solution for any other client.
>

>> Adam Tauno Williams <[hidden email]>
>>> That sounds like a server-side bug.  HTTP/200 is not an error, per se.
>>> Isn't this a duplicate post?
>>> You need to debug the DAV operation so the transaction can be
>>> observed.  To do so check the Evolution debugging page and run the
>>> evolution-calendar-factory with the environment set to enable CALDAV
>>> debugging.
>>> WEBDAV_DEBUG=all CALDAV_DEBUG=all evolution-calendar-factory >& logfile

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Andre Klapper
On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 00:29 +0300, Sergey Makeev wrote:
> Ok, ok, I will try to provide you debugging infi as descrived.
> Meanwhile, why don't you register a test Yandex account and reproduce the
> experiment in your home laboratory?

I cannot speak for others, but my spare time is not unlimited and the
more efforts are needed the less likely I'll invest that time. :)

If you are interested in fixing an issue, it's up to you to provide
sufficient info. We can only provide pointers *how* to provide info...

http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Sergey Makeev-2
I was told that I hadn't been a registered member and therefore was not authorized to post messages.
--
Sergey Makeev
Le noble russe

Re: Yandex Caldav/Carddav

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 11:00 +0300, Sergey Makeev wrote:
> I was told that I hadn't been a registered member and therefore was not
> authorized to post messages.

[Please don't top-post on this list]

Since you did post the message, a moderator must have approved it if
you hadn't subscribed. And of course the message was visible on the
list, which is public.