attachment not visible

dragomrak@freenet.de
Hello,

at first I have to apologizie for my English. I am from Germany and the
time when I spoke English often is a some years ago and so my English
is a bit untrained. So I have to apologize for some mistakes, which I
will surely make. :-)
The problem I have is that Evolution does not show an attached file
sometimes. When I open that mail with e.g. Thunderbird, the attachment
is visible. Almost all attachments work fine, only sometimes there is
one, which does not work and will not be displayed.

How can I solve that? Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Catweazle

Re: attachment not visible

On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 07:44 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> The problem I have is that Evolution does not show an attached file
> sometimes. When I open that mail with e.g. Thunderbird, the attachment
> is visible. Almost all attachments work fine, only sometimes there is
> one, which does not work and will not be displayed.
>
> How can I solve that? Many thanks for your help.

Which exact Evolution version number? Which distribution and version?
Which account type (IMAP? POP? Something else?) Does that problem
happen both in the message list pane, and in the opened message itself?

Re: attachment not visible

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 08:36 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Which exact Evolution version number? Which distribution and version?
> Which account type (IMAP? POP? Something else?) Does that problem
> happen both in the message list pane, and in the opened message
> itself?

        Hi,
to add to it: what is that attachment type, please? When you open the
message source (Ctrl+U) and search (Ctrl+Shift+F) for "Content-Type"
(quotes for clarity only), then what will it show for that attachment,
please?

It also depends on the overall message structure, thus other headers
not only for this hidden attachment, but also for the other parts of
the message and for the type of the message itself are important.
Having a test message (without any private information in it) would
certainly help.

Re: attachment not visible

dragomrak@freenet.de
Hi Andre,

Version: 3.28.5.
Account type: IMAP

Yes, that problem happens both in the message list pane and in the
opened message.

Thanks.

Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2020, 08:36 +0200 schrieb Andre Klapper:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 07:44 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> > The problem I have is that Evolution does not show an attached file
> > sometimes. When I open that mail with e.g. Thunderbird, the
> > attachment
> > is visible. Almost all attachments work fine, only sometimes there
> > is
> > one, which does not work and will not be displayed.
> >
> > How can I solve that? Many thanks for your help.
>
> Which exact Evolution version number? Which distribution and version?
> Which account type (IMAP? POP? Something else?) Does that problem
> happen both in the message list pane, and in the opened message
> itself?
>
> Thanks,
> andre
> --
> Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: attachment not visible

dragomrak@freenet.de
Hi Andre,

sorry, I forgot the distribution and version. I use Linux Mint 19.3.
with Cinnamon.