attachments in Tasks

Ewald
Evolution 3.22.6 on a debian 9 system. I switched from Ubuntu 18.04 to
debian 9. Before the switch I was able to drag and drop e-mails to the
attachment tab in tasks. With the new system I can still drag an e-mail
and drop it to the attachments tab and it is shown there as an icon but
when I try to open it I only get a dialog box "Import Data Berkeley
Mailbox (mbox) with three options (see screenshot). The mail cannot be
opened though.
Which settings do I have to change in order to attach the mail as text
or html automatically?

unknown-3Q5VZZ (23K) Download Attachment

Re: attachments in Tasks

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 07:22 +0200, ewald wrote:
> Evolution 3.22.6 on a debian 9 system. I switched from Ubuntu 18.04
> to debian 9.

        Hi,
I'm afraid not many people know what version of *evolution* you used
before, for example I do not know it, but supposing 3.22.6 had been
released on 2017-03-13 and the Ubuntu version means April 2018, aka a
year later, then I guess you used newer evolution, which might have
some things done differently. I doubt it had drag&drop of a mail
message as text into an attachment bar, but it might have fixed the
preview before import, which your screenshot shows as empty (that was a
bug and if you run evolution from a terminal it may or may not show a
runtime warning in time when you double-click the attachment in the
task editor).

You can use Message->Create->Create a Task, from the menu, but it's far
from the drag&drop.

Re: attachments in Tasks

Adam Tauno Williams
On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 07:22 +0200, ewald wrote:
> Evolution 3.22.6 on a debian 9 system. I switched from Ubuntu 18.04
> to debian 9. Before the switch I was able to drag and drop e-mails to
> the attachment tab in tasks. With the new system I can still drag an
> e-mail  and drop it to the attachments tab and it is shown there as
> an icon but when I try to open it I only get a dialog box "Import
> Data Berkeley Mailbox (mbox) with three options (see screenshot). The
> mail cannot be opened though. Which settings do I have to change in
> order to attach the mail as text or html automatically?

Possibly this <http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/dragndropmessageforma
t2013>

--
Executive Committee Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers

Re: attachments in Tasks

Ewald
@ Adam
I followed the link and changed the gsettings with the command
"gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail drag-and-drop-save-file-format
'pdf'"

now when trying to drag and drop an e-mail to a newly crated task
evolution crashes. I still can drag and drop other files but no e-
mails.

Re: attachments in Tasks

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 17:10 +0200, ewald wrote:
> @ Adam
> I followed the link and changed the gsettings with the command
> "gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail drag-and-drop-save-file-format
> 'pdf'"
>
> now when trying to drag and drop an e-mail to a newly crated task
> evolution crashes. I still can drag and drop other files but no e-
> mails.

Please use correct threading when posting replies. This post looks like
a reply but isn't threaded as it lacks the In-Reply-To header, which
suggests that it was posted as a new message rather than a Reply or
Reply-To-List.

Also, please quote the relevant part of the message you wish to comment
on.

Re: attachments in Tasks

Adam Tauno Williams
On Wed, 2019-04-03 at 17:10 +0200, ewald wrote:
> @ Adam
> I followed the link and changed the gsettings with the command
> "gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail drag-and-drop-save-file-
> format
> 'pdf'"
> now when trying to drag and drop an e-mail to a newly crated task
> evolution crashes. I still can drag and drop other files but no e-
> mails.

If you drag a file to the desktop, does that work?

What if you change it from "pdf" to "txt"?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:[hidden email]> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>

Re: attachments in Tasks

Ewald
when the setting is 'pdf' and I try to drag an e-mail file out of the
evolution box the system freezes. I still can move the mouse pointer
but clicking has no effect. The strg-alt-break-reisub combination
does'nt work I have to cut the power to get back to a workable system.

With the setting 'txt' I can drag an e-mail to the desktop but on
double click I get the dialog box shown in my first post.