avoid confirmation for an invitation

Michael Hirmke
Hi *,

if I remember correctly, in an earlier (?) version of evolution one
could accept an invitation without sending a confirmation.
In evolution 3.20.5 this check box or whatever it was seems to be gone.
Or do I just look at the wrong place?

Thx and bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke

Re: avoid confirmation for an invitation

Milan Crha
On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 11:59 +0100, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> if I remember correctly, in an earlier (?) version of evolution one
> could accept an invitation without sending a confirmation.
> In evolution 3.20.5 this check box or whatever it was seems to be
> gone.
> Or do I just look at the wrong place?

        Hi,
it's still there, it only doesn't look like a checkbox, due to some
drawing issues in WebKitGTK+ in conjunction with theme issues in gtk+
itself. Just click the text above the "Comment:" part which reads "Send
reply to sender". You'll see that the 'Comment' box will get disabled
and enabled as you click on it. My theme doesn't show the checkbox at
all, only the text. This is with webkitgtk4-2.14.2 and gtk3-3.22.5.

On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 09:27 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> it's still there, it only doesn't look like a checkbox...

        Hi,
just a follow up from my private communication with Michael:

It depends what calendar type is used (found when searching for the
meeting invitation). It was an evolution-ews calendar in this case,
which claims that it handles the accept/decline/... notifications on
its own. The evolution-ews let's all of this being done by the server.
The email has hidden the fields which Michael had missing just due to
it.

Re: avoid confirmation for an invitation

Michael Hirmke
Hi Milan,

>On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 09:27 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
>> it's still there, it only doesn't look like a checkbox...

> Hi,
>just a follow up from my private communication with Michael:

>It depends what calendar type is used (found when searching for the
>meeting invitation). It was an evolution-ews calendar in this case,
>which claims that it handles the accept/decline/... notifications on
>its own. The evolution-ews let's all of this being done by the server.
>The email has hidden the fields which Michael had missing just due to
>it.

thx for the explanation, but is there anything I can do about it?
In Outlook I have the chance to avoid sending these confirmations.
And as I said: I'm pretty sure, that it was also possible in evolution
3.18.x.

Bye.
Michael.

On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 17:00 +0100, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> thx for the explanation, but is there anything I can do about it?
> In Outlook I have the chance to avoid sending these confirmations.

        Hi,
it is possible from the EWS protocol side, but there is no API to do so
 in evolution at the moment. You can file a bug in
https://bugzilla.gnome.org against evolution-ews, thus it's not
forgotten. I'm not sure whether there's filled any already, it can be
filled under evolution-data-server or evolution (because such change
would touch all these three). A quick hack would be to never send
replies with the server, but left all these things on the evolution
itself. I'm not sure whether it's the way to go, neither whether it
would have any side effects.

> And as I said: I'm pretty sure, that it was also possible in
> evolution 3.18.x.

Maybe the option was shown in the meeting invitation mail, but it
wasn't taken care of in the backend.