calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

Bob Kirby
Hello:

running Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Mint-Cinnamon v18.0 with XFCE desktop.

Cannot connect to my email service provider's calDAV and cardDAV
services in order to sync Evolution with web based calendar and contacts.

Under Calendar Setup, enter URL and user, click "Find Calendar," and
always obtain the error "HTTP Error:Not Found."

I have successfully connected other devices (Android smartphone, tablet,
other desktop email clients) using the same URL without problem.

Is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Re: calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2016-12-28 at 08:17 -0700, Bob Kirby wrote:

> Hello:
>

> running Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Mint-Cinnamon v18.0 with XFCE desktop.
>
> Cannot connect to my email service provider's calDAV and cardDAV
> services in order to sync Evolution with web based calendar and contacts.
>
> Under Calendar Setup, enter URL and user, click "Find Calendar," and
> always obtain the error "HTTP Error:Not Found."
>
> I have successfully connected other devices (Android smartphone, tablet,
> other desktop email clients) using the same URL without problem.
>
> Is there a workaround?

Have you tried setting it up with GOA? Install the package (usually
called gnome-online-accounts).

Re: calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

Johannes Winterhalter-2

Am 28.12.2016 um 16:17 schrieb Bob Kirby:

> Under Calendar Setup, enter URL and user, click "Find Calendar," and
> always obtain the error "HTTP Error:Not Found."

Are you using owncloud on the server side?

Johannes

Re: calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

Bob Kirby
 > Have you tried setting it up with GOA? Install the package (usually
 > called gnome-online-accounts).

Yes, I did, with same result.

Bob

> On Wed, 2016-12-28 at 08:17 -0700, Bob Kirby wrote:
>> Hello:
>>

>> running Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Mint-Cinnamon v18.0 with XFCE desktop.
>>
>> Cannot connect to my email service provider's calDAV and cardDAV
>> services in order to sync Evolution with web based calendar and contacts.
>>
>> Under Calendar Setup, enter URL and user, click "Find Calendar," and
>> always obtain the error "HTTP Error:Not Found."
>>
>> I have successfully connected other devices (Android smartphone, tablet,
>> other desktop email clients) using the same URL without problem.
>>
>> Is there a workaround?
>
> Have you tried setting it up with GOA? Install the package (usually
> called gnome-online-accounts).
>
> poc

Re: calDAV & cardDAV syncing - server authentication error

Bob Kirby
No, my cal and card DAV server is my internet service provider.