copy message in folder

Martin Monperrus
Hi all,

I have a message m1 that is a attached to an email as an EML file ("m1.eml"). I want to archive m1 in a folder but
I only see options "Save As", "View Inline", "Forward".

How to copy this message m1 into an existing folder?

Thanks!

--Martin

Re: copy message in folder

Ángel González
On 2019-05-04 at 07:44 +0200, Martin Monperrus wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a message m1 that is a attached to an email as an EML file
> ("m1.eml"). I want to archive m1 in a folder but I only see options
> "Save As", "View Inline", "Forward".
>
> How to copy this message m1 into an existing folder?
>
> Thanks!

Hello Martin

I am not sure exactly if you want to save the attached email message in
the a filesystem folder or in a evolution folder. If the earlier, you
just choose Save as, and browse to the existing folder in the save
dialog.
If you want to save an attachment into a mail folder, there's not an
option to do that (how would a mail folder store an attachment? It only
makes sense here because the attachment is an email message itself).
However, you can save it, and then import the saved file into a folder
(you may need to add a "From " line at the top)

Best regards

Re: copy message in folder

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Sat, 2019-05-04 at 23:55 +0200, Ángel wrote:
> However, you can save it, and then import the saved file into a
> folder

        Hi,
being it properly recognized "email message attachment", one can
drag&drop it to a mail folder inside evolution. It's a bit tricky when
doing it inside the mail body (only the attachment type icon works),
but doing the drag&drop from the attachment bar at the bottom works
just fine. Such message can be dropped in a message composer too.

> (you may need to add a "From " line at the top)

This should not be needed since some version I do not recall, though I
did notice that there are cases where it is needed, due to some weird
issue with the message headers or something (I didn't investigate it
when I saw it and it's as long ago as I already lost a track of the
test message).