customizing save-attachment file menu

M. Alford
I would like to customize the file listing that comes up when I save an
attachment (e.g. hide all those files whose names start with a dot).

Is this done within evolution, or is that menu produced by some other
component of the OS, like window manager or file browser?

Re: customizing save-attachment file menu

Paul Menzel
Dear M.,

Am Samstag, den 01.04.2017, 10:05 -0500 schrieb M. Alford:
> I would like to customize the file listing that comes up when I save an
> attachment (e.g. hide all those files whose names start with a dot).

In the “save file dialog”, right click in the box with the list of
files, and deselect *Show hidden files* (something like this).

> Is this done within evolution, or is that menu produced by some other
> component of the OS, like window manager or file browser?

Good question. I’d assume it’s a GTK+ functionality.

Thanks,

Paul

On Sun, 2017-04-02 at 11:26 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> In the “save file dialog”, right click in the box with the list of
> files, and deselect *Show hidden files* (something like this).

Thank you! That worked very well.