evolution 3.37

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

evolution 3.37

Albrecht Will
hello list,
after many years of working exclusively with kmail, I appreciate the
simplicity of evolution in use and storing.

But there are 3 annoying problems.

1. the wellcome-mail cannot marked to non-spam. First it diappears and
then comes back to spam.

2. Emptying the spam folder works only for a moment. Then the spam-
mails are back again.

3. I cannot send CC-Mails

points 2 and 3 also apply to 3.36

Albrecht




_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: evolution 3.37

Pete Biggs
On Sat, 2020-06-27 at 14:49 +0200, Albrecht Will wrote:
> hello list,
> after many years of working exclusively with kmail, I appreciate the
> simplicity of evolution in use and storing.
>
> But there are 3 annoying problems.

Version 3.37 is a development version.  You shouldn't use it for
anything other than testing and debugging for the developers.

You need to give us a lot more info - like what sort of account(s) you
use (IMAP/POP/EWS)?

>
> 1. the wellcome-mail cannot marked to non-spam. First it diappears and
> then comes back to spam.

What "wellcome-mail" - is this a new thing that Evolution does?

>
> 2. Emptying the spam folder works only for a moment. Then the spam-
> mails are back again.

Is spam filtering done on your local machine or on your mail provider?

If local, what are you using?  How s it configured in Evolution?

Are you using a real folder for spam or a virtual one?

How are you emptying the spam folder?

>
> 3. I cannot send CC-Mails
>
What do you mean by this?  Do you get any errors?

P.


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: evolution 3.37

Albrecht Will
Hallo Pete,

Your mail is the first with reference to the evolution-list, that did
not end up in the spam folder.

Am 27.06.20 um 15:05 schrieb Pete Biggs:
> On Sat, 2020-06-27 at 14:49 +0200, Albrecht Will wrote:
> > hello list,
> > after many years of working exclusively with kmail, I appreciate
> > the
> > simplicity of evolution in use and storing.
> >
> > But there are 3 annoying problems.
> Version 3.37 is a development version.  You shouldn't use it for
> anything other than testing and debugging for the developers.

Yes I know, I wanted to find out, if the problems are the same as in
3.36.2

> You need to give us a lot more info - like what sort of account(s)
> you
> use (IMAP/POP/EWS)?

IMAP

> > 1. the wellcome-mail cannot marked to non-spam. First it diappears
> > and
> > then comes back to spam.
> What "wellcome-mail" - is this a new thing that Evolution does?
Mail from evolution-list-request
> > 2. Emptying the spam folder works only for a moment. Then the spam-
> > mails are back again.
> Is spam filtering done on your local machine or on your mail
> provider?
on local machine
> If local, what are you using?  How s it configured in Evolution?

Settings, unwanted - check incoming e-mail for unwanted messages

Mark message as not unwanted if the sender is in the address book.

I put the list into the addressbook, but it doesn't help

> Are you using a real folder for spam or a virtual one?
real folder
> How are you emptying the spam folder?
empty folder, erase spam-mails in the folder is the same
> > 3. I cannot send CC-Mails
> >
> What do you mean by this?  Do you get any errors?

there is no selection possibility


> P.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: evolution 3.37

Pete Biggs

>
> > > 1. the wellcome-mail cannot marked to non-spam. First it diappears
> > > and
> > > then comes back to spam.
> > What "wellcome-mail" - is this a new thing that Evolution does?
> Mail from evolution-list-request

Can you see why it is being classed as spam? (There are often headers
showing the results of the spam scanner.)


> > > 2. Emptying the spam folder works only for a moment. Then the spam-
> > > mails are back again.
> > Is spam filtering done on your local machine or on your mail
> > provider?
> on local machine

Does your provider do any spam scanning at all?

> > If local, what are you using?  How s it configured in Evolution?

What spam scanner are you using on your machine?  Have you trained it
yet?

>
> Settings, unwanted - check incoming e-mail for unwanted messages
>
> Mark message as not unwanted if the sender is in the address book.
>
> I put the list into the addressbook, but it doesn't help
>

That sort of thing feels like your mail provider is spam scanning as
well - it would obviously not know about the settings on Evolution or
know what is or is not in your address book.  There is no interaction
between Evolution and the remote scanner so marking something as "not
spam" and moving it back to your Inbox will just cause the ISP scanner
to move it back because it still things it's spam.

> > Are you using a real folder for spam or a virtual one?
> real folder

Is the folder on your local machine or is it an IMAP folder?

> > How are you emptying the spam folder?
> empty folder, erase spam-mails in the folder is the same

Have you got "Show Deleted Messages" turned on.

> > > 3. I cannot send CC-Mails
> > >
> > What do you mean by this?  Do you get any errors?
>
> there is no selection possibility

Do you mean that the CC: field is not shown?  If so, then in the
compose window tick the CC box under the view menu.

P.


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: evolution 3.37

Albrecht Will
Hi Pete,

you helped me with your questions. But there is only the problem with
the Spam-Mails.
Evolution is my standard-mail-program now!!

Am Sonntag, den 28.06.2020, 14:14 +0100 schrieb Pete Biggs:
> > > >
> Can you see why it is being classed as spam? (There are often headers
> showing the results of the spam scanner.)

For now I´ ve got 6 Spam-Mails. 2 of them don´t give no source back
(empty screen). 4 have a X-Spam-Flag: NO

> > > > 2. Emptying the spam folder works only for a moment. Then the
> > > > spam-
> > > > mails are back again.
> > > Is spam filtering done on your local machine or on your mail
> > > provider?
> > on local machine

>
> Does your provider do any spam scanning at all?

I just asked my mail-provider. They say that their filter only work on
their web-mailer.

>
> > > If local, what are you using?  How s it configured in Evolution?
>
> What spam scanner are you using on your machine?  Have you trained it
> yet?

I use bogo-filter

>
> > Settings, unwanted - check incoming e-mail for unwanted messages
> >
> > Mark message as not unwanted if the sender is in the address book.
> >
> > I put the list into the addressbook, but it doesn't help
> >
>
> That sort of thing feels like your mail provider is spam scanning as
> well - it would obviously not know about the settings on Evolution or
> know what is or is not in your address book.  There is no interaction
> between Evolution and the remote scanner so marking something as "not
> spam" and moving it back to your Inbox will just cause the ISP
> scanner
> to move it back because it still things it's spam.
>
> > > Are you using a real folder for spam or a virtual one?
> > real folder
>
> Is the folder on your local machine or is it an IMAP folder?

I use IMAP

>
> > > How are you emptying the spam folder?
> > empty folder, erase spam-mails in the folder is the same
>
> Have you got "Show Deleted Messages" turned on.

Neither Spam nor deleted
>
> > > > 3. I cannot send CC-Mails
> > > >
> > > What do you mean by this?  Do you get any errors?
> >
> > there is no selection possibility
>
> Do you mean that the CC: field is not shown?  If so, then in the
> compose window tick the CC box under the view menu.

Great Thanks I found it. o what a shame on me.

Albrecht
>
> P.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: evolution 3.37

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-06-29 at 15:45 +0200, Albrecht Will wrote:
> For now I´ ve got 6 Spam-Mails. 2 of them don´t give no source back
> (empty screen).

        Hi,
does it open empty Source window (Ctrl+U), when you try again? Just
wondering.

> I use bogo-filter

You can get some info about junk filtering when you run evolution from
a terminal as:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=junk evolution

> I use IMAP

and for this possibly this one:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution

but be careful, it logs raw communication between the server and the
client, thus a lot of private information is in it. The best might be
to run evolution and left it as is until the output stops adding on the
console, then mark a message as not being junk and wait what will be
new on the console. With that you might also wait until the message is
shown in the Junk folder again, which will be preceded by some new
output on the console. Examining the log is no that simple though. You
might see, I guess, some STORE of flags, then eventually a COPY or MOVE
or the like (when the message is moved to a different folder), then
probably refresh of the folder (which can be eventually lengthy,
depending on how many messages are stored in the folder).
        Bye,
        Milan

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list