evolution fails to connect with Microsoft 365

evolution fails to connect with Microsoft 365

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Using Evolution 3.36.5-1 on Manjaro from its repo.
It will connect to my employers Microsoft 365 server.
I get the sms push from them during Duo authentication; I approve it and it says I am authenticated.
But the client then shows this error, fails to get token...  The email manager at work is puzzled and has asked Microsoft for input...

Any thoughts:  Seen this? Know how the server manager could fix it?

Evolution Screenshot edited2.png (44K) Download Attachment

Fw: evolution fails to connect with Microsoft 365

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
I have re revised the image to get it within limits.

Evolution Screenshot edited4.png (39K) Download Attachment

Re: Fw: evolution fails to connect with Microsoft 365

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Mon, 2020-09-28 at 21:01 +0200, Price, Joseph via evolution-list
wrote:
> Using Evolution 3.36.5-1 on Manjaro from its repo.
> It will connect to my employers Microsoft 365 server.
> I get the sms push from them during Duo authentication; I approve it
> and it says I am authenticated.
> But the client then shows this error, fails to get token...  The
> email manager at work is puzzled and has asked Microsoft for input...

        Hi,
the error message says "Bad Request", followed by "invalid_grant"
error. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw it too, it shows when the
application you use for connection doesn't match grants
required/requested by the evolution-ews. Did your admins follow the
instructions for the OAuth2 settings on the wiki page [1]? The OAuth2
login within evolution-ews links to it too.

Note there are users claiming the page is outdated [2], which can be,
due to the Azure web interface being changed since the wiki page was
written. I'm more than willing to update it, but I do not have a paid
account to verify what it changed to meanwhile and the developer
account requires filling a credit card, apart of other personal
information, which is something I'm not willing to give to the
Microsoft folks, I'm sorry.

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/EWS/OAuth2
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/-/issues/114
    https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/-/issues/115