export List of Calendar entries to ics

Herr Oswald
Hello everybody,

I'm using my calendar to report actions in my consulting work. Nice,
because I can do entries from my phone and the desktop.

When it comes to billing I'd like to export a list of calendar entries.
I can search entries belonging to one customer and see a list of
actions - unluckily always for one month only.
AFAIK, I cannot copy this list to clipboard.
Menu > File > Export as iCalendar does not work either, only creates
one single entry, not all from the list.
I found online ics2csv converters which would do that job, but without
a ics file that does help.

Does someone have a good solution for that task?

Cheers,
Wolf

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Just off the top of my head .. you might want to have look into vdirsyncer (http://vdirsyncer.pimutils.org/en/stable/index.html). It's a tool that allows you to pull calendar entries to files. For connecting to an Exchange server you might need to add DAVMail (http://davmail.sourceforge.net/) to the mix, which in that use case offers a CalDAV interface to your calendars.

This is not an easy-going UI driven process, and maybe you can pull together a set of scripts that periodically pulls your data for further processing. Sound doable to me ...

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 14:23 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm using my calendar to report actions in my consulting work. Nice,
because I can do entries from my phone and the desktop.

When it comes to billing I'd like to export a list of calendar entries.
I can search entries belonging to one customer and see a list of
actions - unluckily always for one month only.
AFAIK, I cannot copy this list to clipboard.
Menu > File > Export as iCalendar does not work either, only creates
one single entry, not all from the list.
I found online ics2csv converters which would do that job, but without
a ics file that does help.

Does someone have a good solution for that task?

Cheers,
Wolf

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 14:23 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
> ...and see a list of actions - unluckily always for one month only

        Hi,
just by an accident, it's a 3.40 material. The list view will have no
time constraint there.

> AFAIK, I cannot copy this list to clipboard.
> Menu > File > Export as iCalendar does not work either, only creates
> one single entry, not all from the list.

You are right. I tried it here and even the List View supports
multiselect, this multiselect doesn't cover copy/move to calendar or
even to the clipboard, it always picks only a single event from the
selection. You can right-click the calendar and Save as iCalendar, but
it will contain all the events from the calendar, not only filtered
view. You'd need an external tool for the "post-processing". I think
there was a bug filled to allow tabular export (CSV) from the tables.

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

Herr Oswald
> >On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 14:23 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
> > ...and see a list of actions - unluckily always for one month only
>
> Hi,
> just by an accident, it's a 3.40 material. The list view will have no
> time constraint there.

Hey, really great to hear! - This is a heavily desired feature of mine!

> it will contain all the events from the calendar, not only filtered
> view. You'd need an external tool for the "post-processing". I think
> there was a bug filled to allow tabular export (CSV) from the tables.

I couldn't find it, neither in the old nor in the new tracker.
Actually, I thought I myself would have created it, but seem I didn't.
Should I now?

NB:
I can export all calendar entries from my owncloud, then parse them
with an online tool and sort out all unwanted with regex. Guess it
works, but data protection goes to faceb**k level...

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:08 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
> Actually, I thought I myself would have created it, but seem I
> didn't. Should I now?

        Hi,
you surely can.

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:08 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:

> > > On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 14:23 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
> > > ...and see a list of actions - unluckily always for one month only
> >
> >       Hi,
> > just by an accident, it's a 3.40 material. The list view will have no
> > time constraint there.

Is a new Evolution release due soon?

  Jocke

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:52 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Is a new Evolution release due soon?

See https://wiki.gnome.org/Schedule

Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:52 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
wrote:

> > >       Hi,
> > > just by an accident, it's a 3.40 material. The list view will have no
> > > time constraint there.
>
> Is a new Evolution release due soon?

Evolution major releases are on the same 6-month schedule as the rest
of the Gnome system, so AFAIK it will be a while yet.

On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 13:03 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:52 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
> wrote:

> > Is a new Evolution release due soon?
>
> Evolution major releases are on the same 6-month schedule as the rest
> of the Gnome system, so AFAIK it will be a while yet.

I am happy with he next maintenance release which I just learnt is next weekend :)

 Jocke

Re: export List of Calendar entries to ics

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 13:11 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 13:03 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, 2020-11-16 at 12:52 +0000, Joakim Tjernlund via evolution-list
> > wrote:

> > > Is a new Evolution release due soon?
> >
> > Evolution major releases are on the same 6-month schedule as the rest
> > of the Gnome system, so AFAIK it will be a while yet.
> >

> I am happy with he next maintenance release which I just learnt is next weekend :)

The next maintenance release will still be 3.38.x. I assumed you were
asking because of the earlier comment about 3.40.