fetch only last 30 days emails from server

fetch only last 30 days emails from server

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
Hey,

Is there any feature on Evolution where I can fetch only last 30 days
emails from server?

I saw a feature on "Receiving Options" in Account properties called: "Do
not synchronize locally mails older than" 4 week.
But it didn't work. What does this option do?

PS: I'm using Evolution 3.36.4

Thanks

Re: fetch only last 30 days emails from server

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2020-07-31 at 23:39 +0000, maneco--- via evolution-list wrote:
> Is there any feature on Evolution where I can fetch only last 30 days
> emails from server?

Which account type? Is this about POP, or IMAP, or something else?

> I saw a feature on "Receiving Options" in Account properties called:
> "Do
> not synchronize locally mails older than" 4 week.
> But it didn't work. What does this option do?

In my understanding, it makes Evolution not sync changes between the
mail server and local system for messages older than 4 weeks on the
local system. It is unrelated to any fetching of messages which are NOT
yet present on / known to the local system.

Re: fetch only last 30 days emails from server

Orrin McGill
When I reply to this list, it emails the commenter and the list as well. Why does it reply to the commenter and not be just the list?

Orrin McGill
Embedded Systems, Inc.
(612) 865-6518 (C)
Sent from my cell phone

Sent from BlueMail
On Aug 1, 2020, at 3:36 AM, Andre Klapper <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-07-31 at 23:39 +0000, maneco--- via evolution-list wrote:
Is there any feature on Evolution where I can fetch only last 30 days
emails from server?

Which account type? Is this about POP, or IMAP, or something else?

I saw a feature on "Receiving Options" in Account properties called:
"Do
not synchronize locally mails older than" 4 week.
But it didn't work. What does this option do?

In my understanding, it makes Evolution not sync changes between the
mail server and local system for messages older than 4 weeks on the
local system. It is unrelated to any fetching of messages which are NOT
yet present on / known to the local system.

Andre Klapper | [hidden email]

"Reply to List" - Was: fetch only last 30 days emails from server

Gnome Evolution - General mailing list
On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 08:42 -0500, Orrin McGill wrote:
Mailer: Android
> When I reply to this list, it emails the commenter and the list as
> well. Why does it reply to the commenter and not be just the list?

Hi,

what is "it" for? An Android mailer? Evolution? If "it" is for
Evolution, what version of Evolution?

How do you evoke a reply to the mailing list only?

You are probably making a mistake, when you try to evoke a reply to the
mailing list only. You at least did three things that are unusual for
replies to mailing list. 1. You replied to another thread instead
starting a new thread. 2. You quoted completely unrelated text. That's
why I suspect that you didn't invoke a reply to the mailing list only.
But that's just a guess, since 3. you did not describe what you exactly
do.

In the Toolbar click the triangle right beside "Group Reply" and then
select "Reply to List". I guess as long as the mail contains the mailing
list headers any other "From", "Reply to", "Cc" address is ignored,
which isn't the case, if you evoke a reply to the mailing list by a
"Group Reply".

Depending on your mailman settings it could happen, that you don't
receive duplicated emails, so under some circumstances, if somebody
replies to you and to the list, you only receive a mail without a
mailing list header.

Regards,
Ralf

Re: fetch only last 30 days emails from server

On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 08:42 -0500, Orrin McGill wrote:
> When I reply to this list, it emails the commenter and the list as
> well. Why does it reply to the commenter and not be just the list?

Please don't hijack threads.
This thread is about "fetch only last 30 days emails from server".
To discuss a different topic, please start a new thread.

On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 01:39 +0200, maneco--- via evolution-list wrote:
> I saw a feature on "Receiving Options" in Account properties called:
> "Do not synchronize locally mails older than" 4 week.
> But it didn't work. What does this option do?

        Hi,
when you've set "Download messages for offline use", the above option
limits how old (how many) messages will be automatically downloaded
locally and available when you are in offline. You always see all
messages in the folder, in the message list, but not all of them are
saved on the disk.

If you want to limit what the message list shows, then Evolution
doesn't provide any option for that.