help with flatpack install

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

help with flatpack install

Richard Bown
Hi all
I've installed 3.28 from flatpack.
How can I see the rest of my system from evo.
ie
if I want to attach a file , how as I cant see my own home directory,
or any files on the computer as its sandboxed

--
 Best wishes /73
 Richard Bown
 
 Email : [hidden email]

 HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
 
 ######################################################################
##############
 Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave
 Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
 QRV 6mtrs 200W, 4mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 300W, 70cms 200W, 23cms 140W, 13cms
100W & 3cms 5W
 OS: Linux Mint 18.2 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
 ######################################################################
##############
  nil carborundum a illegitemis
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Richard Bown
If I try the JH build is that also sandboxed ?

On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 11:59 +0100, Richard wrote:
> Hi all
> I've installed 3.28 from flatpack.
> How can I see the rest of my system from evo.
> ie
> if I want to attach a file , how as I cant see my own home directory,
> or any files on the computer as its sandboxed
>
--
 Best wishes /73
 Richard Bown
 
 Email : [hidden email]

 HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
 
 ######################################################################
##############
 Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave
 Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
 QRV 6mtrs 200W, 4mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 300W, 70cms 200W, 23cms 140W, 13cms
100W & 3cms 5W
 OS: Linux Mint 18.2 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
 ######################################################################
##############
  nil carborundum a illegitemis
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Andre Klapper
On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 12:43 +0100, Richard wrote:
> If I try the JH build is that also sandboxed ?

See https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Jhbuild/Introduction :
"JHBuild builds GNOME components and their dependencies, and safely
installs them in a separate prefix, without interfering with your OS
installation."

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  [hidden email]
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Richard Bown
Yes Andre I've seen that, BUT
 interfering and communicating are not the same.
I've hit problems building from source as I don't have nspr headers and
no package to install them.
I really do need to be able to access my home dir as I send a lot of
attachments, so I could be stuck with v3.18 to get full functionality.

On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 14:07 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 12:43 +0100, Richard wrote:
> > If I try the JH build is that also sandboxed ?
>
> See https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Jhbuild/Introduction :
> "JHBuild builds GNOME components and their dependencies, and safely
> installs them in a separate prefix, without interfering with your OS
> installation."
>
> andre
--
 Best wishes /73
 Richard Bown
 
 Email : [hidden email]

 HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
 
 ######################################################################
##############
 Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave
 Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
 QRV 6mtrs 200W, 4mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 300W, 70cms 200W, 23cms 140W, 13cms
100W & 3cms 5W
 OS: Linux Mint 18.2 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
 ######################################################################
##############
  nil carborundum a illegitemis
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 13:34 +0100, Richard wrote:
> I've hit problems building from source as I don't have nspr headers and
> no package to install them.

On Fedora, these are in the package nspr-devel. Don't know about your
distro though.

poc
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Richard Bown
Hi Patrick
I found libnspr-dev and loaded that.
still not playing
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindSMIME.cmake:78 (message):
>   NSPR headers not found.  Use -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/path/to/nspr to
> specify
>   the include dir of NSPR.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:264 (include)
>
but
> richard@richard-Inspiron-N5030 ~ $ ls -ls /usr/include/nspr
> total 512
>  4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Jun  8 14:03 md
>  4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1016 Oct 20  2016 nspr.h
>

I've tried adding that path to -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=
and its not playing

I also tried this path which is from the flatpack build ,
-DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/var/lib/flatpak/runtime/org.gnome.Sdk/x86_64/3.26
/e05fa500f5565addbe14c708449e4175fc4d80c8c1ed0af3e7322c79163fb9dd/files
/include/
Still wont play :(  even when run as root

the log shows:-

> /home/richard/sources/evolution-data-
> server/_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFiles.c:2:18: fatal
> error: nspr.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> CMakeFiles/cmTC_30029.dir/build.make:65: recipe for target
> 'CMakeFiles/cmTC_30029.dir/CheckIncludeFiles.c.o' failed
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_30029.dir/CheckIncludeFiles.c.o] Error
> 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/richard/sources/evolution-data-
> server/_build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
> Makefile:126: recipe for target 'cmTC_30029/fast' failed
> make: *** [cmTC_30029/fast] Error 2
>
> Source:
> /* */
> #include <nspr.h>
>
>
> int main(void){return 0;}
>

On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 13:54 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 13:34 +0100, Richard wrote:
> > I've hit problems building from source as I don't have nspr headers
> > and
> > no package to install them.
>
> On Fedora, these are in the package nspr-devel. Don't know about your
> distro though.
>
> poc
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
--
 Best wishes /73
 Richard Bown
 
 Email : [hidden email]

 HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
 
 ######################################################################
##############
 Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave
 Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
 QRV 6mtrs 200W, 4mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 300W, 70cms 200W, 23cms 140W, 13cms
100W & 3cms 5W
 OS: Linux Mint 18.2 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
 ######################################################################
##############
  nil carborundum a illegitemis
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Milan Crha
On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 14:41 +0100, Richard wrote:
> > richard@richard-Inspiron-N5030 ~ $ ls -ls /usr/include/nspr
> > total 512
> >   4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Jun  8 14:03 md
> >   4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1016 Oct 20  2016 nspr.h
> >
>
> I've tried adding that path to -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=
> and its not playing

        Hi,
as long as the path is /usr/include/nspr/nspr.h, the argument to CMake
should be all directories down to the file, thus:
   -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/usr/include/nspr/
Though I'm surprised your distro doesn't provide pkg-config files for
nss/nspr. That's the easiest way to get the build flags right. To check
you've installed also the pkg-config files run:
   $ pkg-config --modversion nss
   $ pkg-config --modversion nspr
where both should return some version number. You do not need (and
should not) pass any -DWITH_NSPR_.../-DWINTH_NSS_... when
the pkg-config files are available.

> I also tried this path which is from the flatpack build ,
> -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/var/lib/flatpak/runtime/org.gnome.Sdk/x86_64/3.
> 26/e05fa500f5565addbe14c708449e4175fc4d80c8c1ed0af3e7322c79163fb9dd/f
> iles/include/

Do you mean that that .../files/include/ contains nspr.h too? I mean
really that directory, not its subdirectories.
        Bye,
        Milan
_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: help with flatpack install

Richard Bown
Hi Milan

richard@richard-Inspiron-N5030 ~ $ pkg-config --modversion nss
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'nss' found
richard@richard-Inspiron-N5030 ~ $ pkg-config --modversion nspr
4.13.1


However, the beta for linux mint 19 was released last week and 
Evo 2.28 is included.
As that will be release as a stable version soon I'll hang fire and
wait. The bug list for the new release is very low, so that should only
be a matter of weeks to clear them

Thanks

On Mon, 2018-06-11 at 07:50 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:

> On Fri, 2018-06-08 at 14:41 +0100, Richard wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > richard@richard-Inspiron-N5030 ~ $ ls -ls /usr/include/nspr
> > > total 512
> > >   4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Jun  8 14:03 md
> > >   4 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1016 Oct 20  2016 nspr.h
> > >
> > I've tried adding that path to -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=
> > and its not playing 
> Hi,
> as long as the path is /usr/include/nspr/nspr.h, the argument to
> CMake
> should be all directories down to the file, thus:
>    -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/usr/include/nspr/
> Though I'm surprised your distro doesn't provide pkg-config files for
> nss/nspr. That's the easiest way to get the build flags right. To
> check
> you've installed also the pkg-config files run:
>    $ pkg-config --modversion nss
>    $ pkg-config --modversion nspr
> where both should return some version number. You do not need (and
> should not) pass any -DWITH_NSPR_.../-DWINTH_NSS_... when
> the pkg-config files are available.
>
> >
> > I also tried this path which is from the flatpack build , 
> > -DWITH_NSPR_INCLUDES=/var/lib/flatpak/runtime/org.gnome.Sdk/x86_64/
> > 3.
> > 26/e05fa500f5565addbe14c708449e4175fc4d80c8c1ed0af3e7322c79163fb9dd
> > /f
> > iles/include/
> Do you mean that that .../files/include/ contains nspr.h too? I mean
> really that directory, not its subdirectories.
> Bye,
> Milan
> _______________________________________________
> evolution-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

--
 Best wishes /73
 Richard Bown
 
 Email : [hidden email]

 HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
 
 ####################################################################################
 Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave
 Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
 QRV 6mtrs 200W, 4mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 300W, 70cms 200W, 23cms 140W, 13cms 100W & 3cms 5W
 OS: Linux Mint 18.2 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
 ####################################################################################
  nil carborundum a illegitemis


_______________________________________________
evolution-list mailing list
[hidden email]
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list