mail folder on external drive

Long time Thunderbird user running ubuntu 18.04.

want to specify that the folder into which a particular email account stores
messages, is one that is on an external USB drive, operating thru veracrypt.

I cannot find a way thru the gui, to select that folder, as opposed to a
limited number "in this compuer".

furthermore, I cannot find the install folder (i installed it via "ubuntu
software" the default archive) such that no matter where I do put the
storage, I can copy such files for backup purposes (I can readily ID other
programs that are installed).

Thank you for any help on both questions (or with anything else one might
want to tell me as the new user I am).

robert

--
Sent from: http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/

Re: mail folder on external drive

Patrick O'Callaghan
On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 16:43 -0500, nsr135 via evolution-list wrote:
> Long time Thunderbird user running ubuntu 18.04.

What version of Evolution is this? See Help->About.

Re: mail folder on external drive

On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 16:43 -0500, nsr135 via evolution-list wrote:
> want to specify that the folder into which a particular email account
> stores messages, is one that is on an external USB drive, operating
> thru veracrypt.

        Hi,
apart of Patrick's question (the version of the Evolution is more
important than the version of the distribution of your choice), what is
the format of the mail directory you want to connect to, please? I
guess it's either MBOX or Maildir. You can add an account (through menu
File->New->Mail Account) of type either MBOX or Maildir (and some
other), which lets you choose where the actual data is stored.

> I cannot find the install folder

This might help, though note that is private data of the application.
If you touch it, you can break it.
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html